Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:30 am

Just *one* pot?

Mwah ha ha ha haaaa!
faj

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:16 am

Justbuyingateapot wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:20 pm
Hi, I’m based in NYC, long time lurker but finally signed up to buy a teapot
Well, if other members' experience is any guide, you may unexpectedly find yourself getting more than what you signed up for, literally :). Do not let your courageous choice of username prevent you from getting more if you feel so inclined. Cheers!
smx

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:58 am

Hi,

nice to meet you, I'm Sebastian and tea addict!

- How long have you been drinking tea?
My (serious) tea jorney began about 2 years ago. Before that I just drank tea to not have to drink unflavoured water. I don't know how it exactly happened, but one day I just had enough of tea bags and super market loose leaves ("there must be more"), so I began diving into the world of tea and was immediately taken with this new world, with the teas I'd never heard of before, with the pots and clays and what-not.
And - you won't be surprised if you know me personally - when I'm excited about something, I hit the ground running. (Whisky is another of my hobbies, don't ask how many bottles are in the cupboards).

- What kind of tea do you drink?
I started with all kinds of teas to get an overview what is out there, but since a few months I'm sticking with Japanese greens which became my absolute favorites.

- How do you prepare your tea?
Soon I also got some nice shiboridashis and kyusus, so that's the way I like brew the teas. I started 2021 with buying a Fugetsu Hon-Shudei kyusu after reading through some topics here, so I also decided to join you, in hope to help others one day, too!

- What is your location?
Germany, which is not more than an "Emerging Market" about this topic. To (try to) talk about tea with people here provides little more than a grin.

happy tea drinking!
Victoria
Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:39 am

Welcome to TeaForum @smx. You’re not alone, I also still get a shrug and a grin, or blank look, from many people when I mention my interest in tea and teaware. Although, once they come to my house, see my collection, and maybe try some tea I’ve then had some converts :)
cbrace

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Welcome neighbor to the east!

Germany may still be an "emerging market" by your measure, but there are a few very good online vendors, from whom I've bought outstanding tea. I won't list them now, I'm sure you are aware of them.

Just wondering: where do you usually buy your Japanese greens?
smx

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 pm

Thanks @Victoria for your warm welcome!

Hello neighbour to the West @cbrace :lol:
I'm usually buying at yutaka-tee.de and teamania.ch as well as sometimes in Japan
bentz98125

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:05 pm

Victoria wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:39 am
Welcome to TeaForum smx. You’re not alone, I also still get a shrug and a grin, or blank look, from many people when I mention my interest in tea and teaware. Although, once they come to my house, see my collection, and maybe try some tea I’ve then had some converts :)
Thanks for the laugh. The thought of you informing a tea rube that you have an interest in tea and teaware makes me think of the pope confiding in someone a more than passing interest in christian theology or Stephen Hawking confessing an interest in physics. I'm certain I'm not the only teaforum member grateful for you sharing your knowlege and experiences on this site. And the idea of you inviting someone to a live viewing of your tea and teaware collection just about defines an internet tea nerd's definition of a dream vacation! Thanks again.
cbrace

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:06 am

smx wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 pm
I'm usually buying at yutaka-tee.de and teamania.ch as well as sometimes in Japan
Yutaka... never heard of it. Bookmarked for future reference, thank you! I'm particularly interested in finding good EU-based vendors because after the first of July EU import rules are scheduled to be significantly tightened, with an end to the < €22 exemption on incoming parcels, as you may have heard. The new regime may make it considerably expensive and more difficult to order small amounts of tea from non-EU vendors; this is something we need to be prepared for.
smx

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:19 am

@cbrace
Christian from yutaka-tee has exceptional experience in Japenese teas and is sourcing his teas several times a year directly in Japan. he really has some great stuff, but we can continue that discussion in another topic.

and Peter from teamania.ch can ship from Germany (he is not far away from the border), so it is also an inner-EU shipping ;)
Toha0652

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:40 pm

hi there i am julian!

How long have you been drinking tea?
about 2 1/2 years now

What kind of tea do you drink?
all kinds of really. only loose leaf however. also a tendency to dan cong and puerh and (aged) white tea.

How do you prepare your tea?
gong fu

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
looking into hei cha at the moment. and generally trying to learn more about all kinds of teas. i have a broad taste and interest.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
taste, passion and a bit of craziness ;)

What is your location?
hey i am from austria. anyone else here? :)
serverpanic
New user

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Hey all.
I've been lurking here for a while, so I figured it was about time to make a post.

How long have you been drinking tea?
I drank black (red) tea with milk almost every day from childhood until about 2015 when I had puer for the first time.
Been taking tea more seriously since then, so ~6 years.

What kind of tea do you drink?
I mostly drink middle-aged sheng puer day-to-day.
Shou puer in the morning since it's the only kind of tea I've found not to upset my stomach if I have it before eating.

How do you prepare your tea?
With a gaiwan, occasionally pots.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Diving deeper into different puer storage areas. How water affects taste/texture/aromatics, etc.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
>What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea,
I tried puer, loved it, and went down the internet rabbit-hole.

>what is keeping you there?
There's always more to learn!

What is your location?
San Jose, CA.
bandsaw
New user

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Hey all,

I've been drinking tea since juneish 2019, I'm into pretty much everything except most greens, shou is easily my favorite. I usually do gong fu, but I also occasionally do some western or cold brew, I love my decaf tea bag black with milk and sugar in the evenings.

I'm starting to explore sheng and how to not beat it into being bitter. I started off drinking herbals and blends, but found out about gong fu via reddit, and I bought my first gaiwan in september 2019.

I currently live in Seattle, WA :)
pedant
Admin

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:19 pm

many new people :mrgreen:

welcome @smx, @Toha0652, @serverpanic, and @bandsaw!

also, a belated happy new year to all!