Victoria
Admin

Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:36 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @kamagami 🍃
cyhteashop
Vendor

Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:18 pm

Hello, this is Chen YuanHao!

We are one of the oldest producers of 100% pure ancient tree Pu'er (mainly Yiwu), led by Mr Chen Hui Yuan and his wife Teacher Lu Minhua, plus their two children Kimi and Tim and finally Paolo and Una to help us talk to western tea lovers.

Greetings from Taiwan, Yunnan and the UK, the places where we reside most of the time.
pedant
Admin

Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:12 pm

Welcome! I am a fan of your tea.
hammer1215

Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:46 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?
~ 1 year

What kind of tea do you drink?
Oolong is my favorite. But I have been known to dabble in the Green and black at times.

How do you prepare your tea?
Tea pot? Higher temp and lower time. I have not been able to amass a collection of tea preparation items yet.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Sourcing of good products. The internet seems to be a jungle of false advertising and overpriced products. Being in the USA, I feel that tea is difficult to find at a reasonable price with some amount of quality. Understanding a good source vs a bad source is difficult for a noob like myself. Trying to find things local is even harder. Most "tea" houses that come up locally are bubble tea and the few real tea stores I find are incredibly expensive. Finding trustworthy sources that are selling me a true product so I can keep learning is my main goal.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Former coffee drinker and roaster who had some health issues arise and had to make the switch to keep my caffeine intake. The swap to tea has opened up a whole of warm beverages I never thought I would enjoy. I previously thought the coffee world was a rabbit hole, but the tea world is another whole order of deep. Its been a fantastic journey. Even though I am able to drink coffee again, tea seems to be a better day-to-day beverage for me.

What is your location?
Texas, USA.
pedant
Admin

Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:47 am

Welcome!
the_gyokuro_code

Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:43 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah and while I've been drinking tea my whole life, I'm just now starting to branch out into what the tea world has to offer.

I'm from the south (In TN) so I've been drinking sweet iced black tea basically my entire life

I've been backing away from drinking just black teas and venturing into pu'erh territory and I'm absolutely loving what I'm finding there. I also am a big green tea fan, and I just bought myself some high quality (at least I think) Gyokuro to try because that's one I've wanted to try for a long time!

If it's sweet iced tea, I make a big batch cold brew style and sweeten it with splenda. I also do this with lower quality, store-brand green tea bags. With my pu'erh, I make a bigger deal of it. I do actually have a tea tray (and a pet!) if I'm feeling lonely or stressed, I make sure to have a little ceremony with myself to cheer myself up.

I'd like to learn more about Japanese green teas in particular and try a variety of them.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I have ADHD so I can't tell you why I got into tea in the first place lol, I just know it's a hyperfixation for me right now.

What is your location?
TN, USA
pedant
Admin

Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:46 pm

welcome, Sarah
sandy000ting
New user

Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:17 am

Hello everybody, im just a simple collector and an eye in the sky..will engage in the crowd soon...
Greybird

Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:49 pm

Actively? Probably 35 years.

If it is tea or tea adjacent, I probably cycle through it.

Loose leaf in a filter cup, properly timed with hot water of the right temperature, using distilled water (as our water is completely unsuitable for tea.)

I'm always learning.

Honestly? I just enjoy tea.

What is your location?

Southwest Indiana, US
Victoria
Admin

Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:02 pm

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃.
jtavill
New user

Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:52 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Jake Tavill and I've been drinking Chinese and Korean teas mainly gong fu style for a bit over a year now since I experienced it for the first time at Dayeon Tea House in Seoul when visiting for work. So far I've been drinking consistently and absolutely love Hadong Green, Sheng Puerh, White (Silver Needle and Moonlight White), Dianhong (Yunnan Red), Jasmine Green, and have recently been dabbling with finding Oolongs I enjoy such as an unroasted yancha that I really like.

I prepare my tea depending on it's type: porcelain gaiwan for green/white as well as red at the moment, Jianshui for young sheng, Yixing Zhuni for light/unroasted oolong, and glass for tisanes.

I'm always interested in learning about new teas I haven't tried, different tea cultures and teaware craft, and the history and lore behind different teas.

Bringing gong fu cha into my daily rituals brought a much needed calm, rest and centering to an excessively busy and stressful life so I'm extremely grateful for it.

Live in Brooklyn in my apartment that one would describe the core interior design by the 3 keywords of tea, music, and art :)
Victoria
Admin

Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:03 pm

Welcome to TeaForum Jake and to tea, music, and art 🍃
Belles_tea01

Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:13 pm

Hello my name is Marcella and I am from Ohio.
I have been a casual tea drinker for about 3 years, but just recently I became interested in getting more evolved.
My favorite teas are black tea and green tea.
I prepare my tea loose leaf and a kettle.
I am interested in tea culture, tea in general, and preparation.
I enjoy a nice cup of tea, and I am interested in perfecting my craft.

Thank you.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @Belles_tea01 🍃
Belles_tea01

Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:36 pm

Victoria wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:18 pm
Welcome to TeaForum Belles_tea01 🍃
Thank you :)