Introduce Yourself

pedant
Admin

Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:09 pm

Welcome!
Ron13

Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:13 am

Hi there!

My name is ron and I'm from The Netherlands. Rotterdam.

How long have you been drinking tea?

My whole life although seriously for about five years now.

What kind of tea do you drink?

I like black, yellow, green and white teas, but recently became very interested in Oolongs and Puehr.

How do you prepare your tea?

Western style, but this willl soon change. I became very interested in Gong Fu Cha and already bought my first tools including a Gaiwan and a yixing teapot. As all goes well they will arrive this week. Very excited!

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Gong Fu Cha, Yixing and Nixing pottery, Gaiwans and exploring new teas.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

I've always loved tea!

Nice to be here and thanks for having me! Merry meet!
pedant
Admin

Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:09 pm

welcome to the forum, @Ron13. glad to have you here :mrgreen:
jwicked

Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:25 pm

Hi, all!

Joe from
The Bay Area California. I could of swore I created an account here a while ago but my memory now fails me!

My whole life although seriously since about 2013

99% puer - raw and ripe and most anything else the remaining 1%

Mostly grandpa style while working and very casual Gong Fu other times.

Gong Fu Cha, Ceramics, and Puer.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

Friends and the tea itself!

Hope to share some knowledge and learn a lot here.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:08 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @jwicked and @Ron13 🍃.
jwicked

Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:25 pm

Victoria wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:08 pm
Welcome to TeaForum jwicked and Ron13 🍃.
Thank you @Victoria!
iteaworld
Vendor

Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:20 pm

Hello everyone ! 😀 This is iteaworld. ☞ https://iteaworld.com/

We are thrilled to be joining this vibrant tea community and would like to take a moment to introduce ourselves. :D

We are not your typical tea enterprise. We are a team of tea enthusiasts who have dedicated the past 15 years to the art of tea service in China. Our passion for tea runs deep, and we take great pride in every aspect of our work. From cultivating our own tea gardens to carefully selecting the finest leaves, we strive to bring you the best that nature has to offer.👍

Speaking of gardens, we are fortunate to have over 6000 mu of wild tea gardens, where the tea plants grow in harmony with nature. This allows us to create truly unique flavors that capture the essence of the mountains and forests. But that's not all! We also cherish our more than 2000 old tea trees, some of which have stood for over a century. These majestic trees yield tea leaves with a depth of character and richness that is simply unparalleled.

At Iteaworld, we believe that tea is not just a beverage; it's an experience. That's why we offer a wide range of options to cater to every palate. If you're looking for cost-effective high mountain tea that delivers a taste sensation, we have you covered. And for those seeking a truly exceptional and nutritious brew, our wild old tree teas are packed with flavors that will transport you to the heart of nature.

So, whether you're a seasoned connoisseur or just starting your tea journey, we invite you to join us on this wonderful expedition of taste and aroma. Together, let's embrace the beauty of tea and celebrate the joy it brings to our lives.

Cheers to tea, to nature, and to the amazing community that shares our love for a delightful tea experience! ;)
Attachments
iteaworld
iteaworld
2.png (956.22 KiB) Viewed 6324 times
pedant
Admin

Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:14 pm

welcome!
sheep.payday2

Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:34 am

Hello there, pleased to join you. I'm old enough to appreciate discussion forums and have contributed to a few.

It happens that I descend from a line of tea drinkers in coffee country (Finland). I've been drinking Western-style tea since childhood, and it escalated from there.

These days I mostly drink red tea, yancha, puerh, and some heicha, brewed lazy gongfu or grandpa style. I used to pretend that I also enjoy teas with a lighter body but I don't, at least for the time being. You might meet me on the puerh and teaware boards.
pedant
Admin

Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:22 pm

sheep.payday2 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:34 am
Hello there, pleased to join you.
hi, nice to have you here
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:36 pm

Welcome to TeaForum new members.
Lits
New user

Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:49 am

Hello everyone!
My name is Lasse and I'm from Germany.

I think I drink teas for round about 4-5years now, not counting the time when i mainly drank herbal tea and tea bags.

I like to have a whole variety. I mainly drink Chinese teas (Green, Oolong,, Pu Erh, White and Black, not really much yellow), eventhough I also find Japanese green teas interesting and recently also started trying out tea from other regions (Thailand, Vietnam, Georgia...). I'm still in the phase of trying out various different things.

Either in a gaiwan or some teapots from European potters.

I'm still interested in trying out all different kinds of tea and also willing to learn more about Chinese pottery.

I'm looking forward to learning more about tea!

Hello everyone,
my name is Lasse, I'm from Germany and after only reading posts on this forum for a while I finally decided to create and account.
After growing up on teabags and herbal teas I visited a tea tasting session by a local vendor about 5 years ago and since then I got into whole leave teas. I still like trying out all kinds of tea, eventhough the majority of teas i own are Chinese (Pu erh, Oolong, white, black and green), eventhough I also sometimes like to drink a couple Japanese green teas and also teas from other countries (Vietnam, Thailand, Georgia...).

Up to now I prepared most of my tea either in a gaiwan or in teapots from European potters but I recently got interested in Chinese pottery. I'm looking forward to learn more about that and also about a whole lot other tea-related topics on this forum! Thanks for having me!
pedant
Admin

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:27 pm

welcome!
Victoria
Admin

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:29 pm

Welcome new members 🍃
kamagami
Artisan

Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:14 am

Hi everyone,

I'm french I live in Brittany.
I drink Japanese green tea since 2011, I have discover it during a trip on Kyushu, It was a great experience.
During 10 years I tried to understand what is good tea and how to prepare it.
I was using a tokoname kyusu during a long time, and one day I decide to make my own.
So I became ceramist in order to make my own teaware first, and share with people after.
I learn by myself, It takes time to feel free with clay and fire but It's a fantastic exchange with elements.
Now, I drink every kind of tea, It helps to understand what we can expect from teaware.
I work with a french tea grower, I'm learning how to make tea.
Last month, I tried temomi cha but I prefer work with clay, leaves don't do what I want ^^
I'm sure I will find here some good informations to increase my knowledge.

Have a nice day