Introduce Yourself

Victoria
Admin

Sun May 28, 2023 2:07 pm

Welcome to TeaForum new members @Kawaramono, @DonnerJack, @BroeyJ, @imbibe and @Vinski 🌱
FordPrefect
New user

Tue May 30, 2023 4:59 pm

Hello Friends!

Nice to meet you all, I'm software architect and a serious tea-head.

How long have you been drinking tea?

Pretty much since I was too young to remember.

What kind of tea do you drink?

Aged whites, premium blacks, not that much green but a lot of vintage pu-erhs. Generally not an oolong fan.

How do you prepare your tea?

Gong fu style, usually like to slightly overbrew.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

History, cultivars, terroirs. farming, culture, related art and anything else there is to know about the tea.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

Endless pursuit of knowledge.

What is your location?

United Kingdom, East Midlands.
debunix

Tue May 30, 2023 10:31 pm

Welcome!

Plenty of lovers of all kinds of tea here. Some of us love every sort of tea, and some have their one special focus, but all are welcome.
jjanzen
New user

Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:38 pm

Hi there!

I never really liked tea until I tried drinking loose leaf earl grey for the first time about 4 years ago. Since then, I have delved further into more interesting and higher quality teas.

My favourite teas are Japanese greens like sencha and gyokuro along with Taiwanese high-mountain oolongs.

Up until the last couple of months I usually did grandpa or western style. Recently though, I have gotten more into brewing gong-fu style with a gaiwan recently and it has greatly improved my tea-drinking experience.

I have been interested in starting to explore the world of sheng puer,

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Yummy leaf water :D
Sumo_Matcha
New user

Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Hello fellow tea enthusiasts!

I'm thrilled to join this wonderful community and share a bit about my tea journey with all of you. Here's a glimpse into my tea experience so far:

I've been enjoying the pleasures of tea for as long as I can remember. From my childhood days of sipping comforting herbal infusions with my grandparents to exploring the vast world of teas as an adult, tea has always been a cherished part of my life.

My tea collection is quite diverse, but I have a particular fondness for green teas and matcha. There's something truly invigorating about the vibrant green color and delicate flavors they offer. The ritual of whisking a frothy bowl of matcha or steeping a fragrant cup of green tea brings me a sense of calm and rejuvenation.

When it comes to preparing tea, I appreciate the traditional methods that allow the flavors to fully unfold. I take my time to carefully steep the leaves at the right temperature and duration, ensuring a perfect cup every time. Experimenting with different steeping techniques and teaware is something I'm always eager to explore.

As for tea knowledge, I'm currently fascinated by the art of tea ceremonies and the cultural significance they hold. I'm curious to delve deeper into the rituals and symbolism behind these ceremonies and gain a greater understanding of the spiritual connection between tea and mindfulness.

The world of tea has captured my heart because it offers not just a beverage but a moment of serenity and connection. It's a way to pause, reflect, and appreciate the simple joys in life. The beauty of tea lies in its ability to bring people together, fostering conversations and creating cherished memories.

I currently reside in Sweden, a place that embraces a rich tea culture and offers delightful tea shops and serene tea gardens. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by such an inspiring tea community.

I'm excited to connect with all of you, exchange knowledge, and embark on this tea-filled journey together. Let's continue to explore the boundless world of tea and discover new flavors, traditions, and connections.

Cheers to the love of tea and the joy it brings into our lives!

If you like, check my webshop, we currently only sell in the EU and Sweden: https://sumomatcha.se/

Warm regards,

Sumo
Bok
Vendor

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:20 pm

Hej! @Sumo_Matcha nice to have you on board. A change of pace and centering at the end of a day is the sam tea does for me. The beauty also being that each on of us can develop their own little routine/ritual.

Sweden with its short summers can probably offer a lot of "down-time" for tea :)
greywolf

Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:32 am

Hi everyone, nice to be here! What better place to learn about tea?

I've been drinking tea off and on for many years. Normally I'm more of a coffee drinker, but lately I've been getting a lot more into teas.

I prefer Japanese green tea, like sencha, gyokuro, and other types that sound interesting. I also don't mind Oolongs from Taiwan, but I'm relatively new to those. And black tea, nothing like a strong brewed black tea!

I used to just pour hot water (just off the boil) over the tea leaves into a tea pot, but now I like to use a glass beaker and do it very scientifically. I measure the weight of the tea and use an appropriate amount of water at the right temperature and brew for the right amount of time. When you make tea correctly, it changes everything! But I'm sure you all know that. Also, I drink it as it comes, no sugar, no milk, just tea.

I recently found an old tetsubin at an antique store, so now I'm in the process of restoring it and seeing how it affects the flavour of tea (and coffee).

I seem to get more colds and respiratory issues in the last couple of years, and I read that green tea has anti-viral properties, so I've been drinking more of that in the winter months when I get sick. Also there is a great tea shop where I live that has some of the finest tea available from all over the world. There's always something interesting that I want to try!

What is your location?
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Aoframe

Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:05 am

Hello Teaforum!

It's been about 4 years since I switched to tea from coffee, when realizing that I preferred the taste and feeling of tea.

Mostly black tea. A lot of Dianhong at the moment. I also enjoy shu pu-erh and the occasional semi-aged or aged sheng.

Sometimes Gong Fu, sometimes western style, depending on how much time I have.

History, traditions, cultivating and processing methods, and anything else there is to learn

Tea feels good to drink, and I love the element of ceremony and beautiful teawares.

What is your location?

New York, USA
pedant
Admin

Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:05 pm

welcome!
afishhunter

Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:36 pm

I just a old guy that's been drinking tea (also coffee and mostly Mountain Dew soda /Generic Mountain Dew soda) for the past 62~63 years. tea has mostly been Lipton bags. I think over the years I have suffered through two or three glasses of Lipton instant "tea" 🤢

Recently bought a tea cup with infuser, some loose leaf "Gunpowder" green tea (I need my vitamin Caffeine) and some black Lichee tea.

Going to order 4 more types of loose leaf on or around 07-01.
On or around 08-01, I might order 8 ounce each English, Irish, and Scottish breakfast tea, to see which I want more of.

I doubt i will be able to contribute much, and i hope I don't ask too many questions.
Last edited by afishhunter on Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pedant
Admin

Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:37 pm

welcome, and ask away
Bok
Vendor

Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:02 pm

afishhunter wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:36 pm
i hope I don't ask too many questions.
Don't be, ask as many questions as you'd like!

Welcome.
teacreacha7

Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:36 am

Only 8 months

I am open to trying lots of things, but my favorites right now are Yencha (when I can afford it), Tiwanese oolongs, and sheng puher.

Gong fu style, or sometimes "grandpa style" in a cup when I am busy.

I have been lurking around here since I started drinking tea, and I love learning about new vendors, tea types and technical tips (storage, cleaning, how to buy and care for yixing).

I had a friend introduce me. He held a great few sessions, taught me about different kinds of tea, and I was hooked!

What is your location?

Texas.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:03 am

Welcome to TeaForum new members 🍃
LucaJones
New user

Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:39 am

Hi, I am Luca Jones from Hungary. I was searching for some good tea and I found this site. Curious to further conversation see you guys in the next post.