Introduce Yourself

wtreader

Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Hello Friends!

My name is Wayne. I have been a Japanese sencha enthusiast for about two to three years now. But I do love black teas as well I just don't typically brew them at home.

I am located in San Francisco and would be interested in joining / forming any tea groups here (post covid of course :o )

I have a good sized collection of Tokoname (in particular Konishi Yohei) teapots and I love seeing others collections as well. I always brew sencha using a kyusu generally around the 150-250ml range as I usually just make tea for myself.

What lead me to get into tea is just the amazing calming energy it provides. Something really special about the beautiful teaware, art of brewing, and delicious tea to start the day.

Looking forward to meeting and chatting with others here! Feel free to reach out and get to know me. Thanks!

Last edited by wtreader on Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria
Admin

Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Welcome @wtreader nice to have you join us. There is a San Francisco group maybe other members can provide info. We have a few other Konishi Yohei collectors here :) look forward to your sharing which ones you have and which teas you are pairing them with. I’ve paired this Konishi with 1st flush white Darjeeling, Sencha, and Bao Zhong. Very dense tight walls project aroma out so well, and doesn't overheat leaf between pours.

P.s. those Konishi you just posted above express so well his playful joyful nature.
wtreader

Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:15 am

Appreciate the welcome @Victoria! That is really quite a beautiful setup you have, all the colors go wonderfully together. Playful and joyful are definitely two tings that always come to mind seeing his teapots.

Thanks again and look forward to being part of this group :D
pedant
Admin

Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:25 am

welcome, @wtreader!

i love those yohei pieces. thanks for sharing.
wtreader

Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:49 am

Thanks @pedant! Looking forward to sharing more and seeing what everyone else has :P
polezaivsani

Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Welcome, @wtreader! The Japanese teaware keeps on teasing me off of the last remaining bits of rational thought. One question - what are, pardon my ignorance, the sticks between the kyusus used for?
wtreader

Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Haha! @polezaivsani those are just chopsticks that I just have placed on the tray :lol: absolutely no use at all for tea other than display.
teasing me off of the last remaining bits of rational thought
I can second that quote lol.
tofsla
New user

Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:32 am

Hi everyone, and let me introduce my self.
I've been drinking red tea since early childhood, then was introduced to Chinese green and oolong teas about 20 years ago, and got into puer about 10 years ago. These days, at work, I drink greens, when it's hot, and old oolongs or red teas, when it is cold. At home, I prefer long meditative sessions with semi-aged or aged shengs, which I brew using gongfucha method. I read all major tea groups in FB and tea forums, including this one, almost on daily basis. And I consider to get a bit more active writing here.
debunix

Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:46 pm

Welcome!
mBR7Rpku
New user

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:31 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?
3 years
What kind of tea do you drink?
taiwanese oolong, japanese green

How do you prepare your tea?
clay teapot or porcelain gaiwan

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
teapots

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
parents

What is your location?
California
pedant
Admin

Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:35 am

welcome!
butarbakes
New user

Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi all -

I'm a new member here & wanted to introduce myself. I live in both Denver & Berkeley, and I've been drinking tea on and off for about 8 years now. Starting to get back into it & delving deep into the history and geography of different teas. Love all the engaging posts here & cheers to a better, healthier year 2021.

Happy tea drinking. *current obsession: charcoal dong ding from Floating Leaves Tea! My fav.
harrison1986

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:25 am

Hi, I just joined yesterday, but have perused the old tea forum and this new one for a while. I just joined yesterday, because I felt I really have something special to share.

I have been greedily keeping "secret" a certain green tea for the last 3 years. I finally want to tell other people about this tea, so that they can get the same great feeling I have been getting for the last few years. In exchange, I hope that others will also tell me about some teas they may be keeping "secret" for fear of selling out. I'm specifically interested in Oolong.

Also, I apologize to the administrators for not reading my email before attempting to post elsewhere.
debunix

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Welcome to TeaForum! You'll find plenty of tea information, tea enjoyment, and teaware appreciation here.

I have sometimes saved writing a first impression about a new tea until I have successfully ordered more of it....a matter of minutes to submit another online order these days....because I've come to realize that without sharing and encouraging brisk demand for a special tea, the merchant may stop carrying it.

So share away, and help keep the chain of farmer to seller to tea drinker going for now and the future.
murphydog
New user

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:18 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?

20+ years. I started young at a British Tea shop in town.

What kind of tea do you drink?

Mostly blacks, some greens and herbals when its late

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Looking to branch out into oolongs and some greens but am not sure where to start.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

I've always enjoyed it but recently found renewed interest into exploring more teas than the the Twinings and other grocery brands.

What is your location?

United States