Introduce Yourself

Jo
Mrs. Chip

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Welcome to our newest members,
Sarah, jimtro, sdotglass, iGo, and braden87 :D

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Glad you joined us.
Teaandme

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi! My name is Danielle, username Tea and Me. I have been drinking tea consistently for over 7 years. Honestly, I have only run into a few teas that I do not like, but I mostly drink black or herbal teas. I mostly drink loose leaf tea, but for convenience, I have tea pouches for the morning commute. I really love learning and researching about new things in the tea world. I just started a tea blog, Tea and Me, which has given me a way to kinda take whatever I am interested in right now and share it with the world. That also is keeping me active in the tea world and I figured the next step is going further into the community where I can continue to learn and gain knowledge. I live in the United States specifically in Michigan. I go to college right now and am very active on campus. I am excited to see what happens and what I learn from here on.
debunix

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 am

Glad to have you here
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Happy you joined us, looking forward to getting to know you. :D
Teaandme

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Jo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:18 pm
Happy you joined us, looking forward to getting to know you. :D
debunix wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 am
Glad to have you here
Thank you both! I am excited to be here!
Rinsed

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:38 am

Hi!
First off thank you Victoria! I was not sure where to post about my site and was hoping to message you before I posted but saw I could not do so. Thank you again!

How long have you been drinking tea?
10 years

What kind of tea do you drink?
I love puerh, oolongs and white tea. Have been drinking more black tea and darjeelings. Need to drink Korean tea!

How do you prepare your tea?
Mostly gong fu. I always have some mug steeped tea before bed!

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Hard to fit everything in here!! Definitely keeping my mind open to teas outside of the major production areas and other steeping styles. There is always so much to learn and the constant issue of obsessing over one thing at the next and then going back to the original obsession and relearning all over again.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
A wondrous sense of exploration. For instance I have been having these amazing darjeelings and have realized how much I have missed out on these

What is your location?
Oregon

Rinsed will hopefully not be an 'I' for too long so this is only one editors/contributors answers!
MojoSlim

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to drinking tea of any kind (no caffeine at all, until very recently). My wife has been drinking various teas for as long as I've known her, and last year, she became involved in Meditative Bowl tea ceremonies, drinking Sheng and Shou Puerh, Liu Bao, etc. I originally told myself that this new "tea hobby" would be a solo endeavor for her, as I have a few too many hobbies myself. Well, long story short, separating myself from my wife's tea practice didn't last, and here I am.

I find myself drawn a lot to the gear/teaware. The aesthetics of a nice sidehandle pot, nice clay kettles or cast iron tetsubins, and everything that is related to cha xi (tea stage) appeals to me. My wife is more discerning about the tea itself, while its taking me a bit more to understand the subtleties in taste - however the energetic properties and effects on qi/chi is not lost on me.

Growing up in Hawaii, I found myself passing up hot beverages in favor of cool/refreshing drinks. After living in the Rocky Mountains more recently and currently the Pacific Northwest of the US, I'm starting to understand the appeal of hot drinks.

In my online searches I have found quite a bit of info on these forums that have helped me get my head around this new (to me) world, and I've been eyeing some gear on the Tea Swap, so figured I'd join.

If you made it this far, thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope to be a member that this community finds worthwhile to have.

Best Regards,

MojoSlim
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Welcome MojoSlim, glad you joined us. I am looking forward to following your TeaJourney. You came to the right forum to learn more and enjoy tea.
MojoSlim

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:37 am

Thanks for the welcome. Just returned from a nice gongfu session with friends and enjoyed some 10 year old Malaysian stored Shou Puerh. Great times and great tea!
Pieter W.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:04 am

Since my childhood

Black and green, mostly green

Dutch way: boiling water pouring on the tea.

The difference between Yixing teapots and that made in Chaozhou/Shantou.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I'm doing research on teapots (the red one) -old and new- and noticed there are more sources for it than only Yixing.

What is your location?
The Netherlands
Last edited by pedant on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod edit: de-quote
pedant
Admin

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:07 pm

welcome @Pieter W. @MojoSlim @Rinsed et al. :mrgreen:
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Welcome Pieter W, so glad to have you join us. :mrgreen:
Dashizi

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:25 am

Hi All!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Stefan, I'm a daily drinker and suffering from a serious teaware addiction.

I've been drinking tea as a hobby for about 10-15 years now.

Basically any quality tea but with a focus on puer (both sheng and shou), Taiwanese oolong and heicha (fu brick and liubao).

Usually gongfu using a 100-200cc Yixing or Yingge teapot. Occasionally western style for shou puer in a 300cc Yixing or a 500cc cast iron teapot. Water preparation : Zojirushi or tetsubin.

I’m trying to learn more about the effect of different brewing vessels on the tea. Shapes and sizes, materials and firing temperatures etc. Also white teas.

An interest in East Asian culture, a love for ceramics and an interest in food and drink in general.

What is your location?
Belgium, the Northern, Dutch speaking part. The heart is in Taiwan.
TIEMDINET
New user

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:08 pm

I started to try tea right from an early age, because where I was born in a poor mountainous region of Vietnam, most people lived on tea. I have used it for nearly 30 years so far

Which tea do you drink?
The most popular tea in our country is black tea and is often referred to as "romantic tea". And what's more special than anywhere in the world is that our country has a culture of ice pavement drinking tea, as well as you sitting in a tea room or sitting in a cafe.
It's simple to have a teapot to sip with your loved ones:
1 Boil Water
2 Put the tea in a jar, warm it with a tight lid, cover the boiling water and then add the boiling water, close the lid. After only 3-5 minutes you have a delicious teapot.
What knowledge of tea do you care to explore right now?
Currently I have known a lot of teas in our country. But I really want to know more. Maybe from your country.
Where are you?
Hanoi Vietnam :)
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 am

Hi TIEMDINET,

Thank you for your introduction, I am looking forward to seeing you around our forum.