Introduce Yourself

Proinsias

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Hey Chip, glad to find you here.

I spent a year or two mainly drinking my way through the stocks of tea I'd gathered. Mostly pu-erh but lots of other odds and ends, thought I was done a few times but kept finding sneaky stashes around the house. Got a kilo or so of cheap and cheerful tie guan yin, bi lo chun & qimen from Gordon at Dragon Teahouse last year which has provided a little variety but the old stocks are pretty much gone now and the budget pack is fading.....time to start shopping soon. There's a hint of summer in the air here and I've been dreaming about some of that fresh Japanese wonder you so love, will have to wander by Kevin's store.

How are you doing?
Chip
Admin

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Proinsias wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm
Hey Chip, glad to find you here.

I spent a year or two mainly drinking my way through the stocks of tea I'd gathered. Mostly pu-erh but lots of other odds and ends, thought I was done a few times but kept finding sneaky stashes around the house. Got a kilo or so of cheap and cheerful tie guan yin, bi lo chun & qimen from Gordon at Dragon Teahouse last year which has provided a little variety but the old stocks are pretty much gone now and the budget pack is fading.....time to start shopping soon. There's a hint of summer in the air here and I've been dreaming about some of that fresh Japanese wonder you so love, will have to wander by Kevin's store.

How are you doing?
Doing quite well, thank you.

Just opened my first shincha of 2018! Life is good!
tingjunkie
New user

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Hey, Former-TeaChatters! That place was dead anyhow. Good to see you all! :D
Kale

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 pm

tingjunkie wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm
Hey, Former-TeaChatters! That place was dead anyhow. Good to see you all! :D
What took you so long?
:)
Proinsias

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Happy to hear Chip, nice to see Mrs Chip here too.

Hey tingjunkie, nice to find you here.
esontea

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am

How long have you been drinking tea?
about 15years

What kind of tea do you drink?
Usually drink Taiwanese mountain oolong tea, and Taiwan black tea,and sometimes I also drink Japanese jade Dew.

How do you prepare your tea?
I mainly used traditional clay teapot, but I use porcelain teapot when I test the quality of tea.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Tea knowledge in other countries.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Developing Taiwanese tea culture is my life's way.

What is your location?
Da Yu Ling(DYL) 95k in Taiwan.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 am

esontea wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am
How long have you been drinking tea?
about 15years

What is your location?
Da Yu Ling(DYL) 95k in Taiwan.
Welcome to TeaForum. Many of us here are Taiwan oolong aficionados. Looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing pictures of DaYuLing :)
tea_twig

Tue May 08, 2018 3:28 pm

I've been using the Teachat forum as a resource but never posted anything. Decided to change my ways with teaforum :-]

My tea journey started in 2006.

Various teas - favourites are Anxi tie guan yin, dancong, Chinese greens, Taiwanese. Also enjoy wuyi, Japanese and Darjeeling.

Preparation depends on the tea type. Good quality water, good teaware, good tea all make a good start ;-]

Tea knowledge wants right now: highly regarded tea vendors in Europe and China.

My first good tea came from a friend of a friend who had been travelling in China - the most delicate flavour but the feeling of the liquor, I have never been able to forget. That feeling every time I drink a worthy tea keeps me on the tea path.

I'm from the UK.