Introduce Yourself

matchayogi

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:11 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?
Ever since I was born! My mother operates a tea shop in Hawaii, so I was close to tea for a long time. I'd say about 10 years ago, tea changed from being a natural part of my daily life to more of an obsession where I wanted to learn more and discover new types.

What kind of tea do you drink?
I'm mainly a Japanese tea person. I've drunk hundreds of Japanese tea over the years. I'm starting to enjoy Chinese tea these days, so I hope to find kind forum mates who can help me with my journey. I think I can help some with my Japanese tea knowledge.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
My passion is Japanese tea, and I'll continue exploring that area. However, as mentioned above, I've also been keen on learning Chinese tea recently.

What is your location?
I split time between US, Japan, and Singapore.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
First, it was obviously my mother who's work was related to tea.
pastor

Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:19 am

Hello to all :)

So to introduce myself, I live in Paris and I work at home.
I would say that I am not at all an expert in tea, but it's true that I drink a lot of it throughout the day, most of the time earl grey.
but also a lot of japanese teas because my wife is japanese. sencha, ojicha, oolong, mugicha, geimacha, macha etc ...
I'm here right now because I have a problem my wife beloved teapot that I unfortunatly damaged.
pedant
Admin

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:49 am

welcome :mrgreen:
Bok
Vendor

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:58 pm

pastor wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:19 am
I'm here right now because I have a problem my wife beloved teapot that I unfortunatly damaged.
Bienvenu!

If the wife is unhappy no good life, which is true across all cultures and in all contexts :)

I am sure you will find plenty of inspirations here to find a worthy replacement of the damaged pot – or wife :lol: just kidding
Wang Wei
New user

Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:43 am

About twenty years.

I've dabbled in most things, especially Sencha, Darjeeling and various Oolongs (most of all Yancha), and Sheng - all of these are still fun occasionally.
But for daily drinking, Shu - and since prices have gone up so much in the past decade, mostly run-of-the-mill, very cheap, big factory Shu. Hoping prices come down again so I can explore a bit more... meanwhile making up for it by drinking unhealthy amounts.

How do you prepare your tea?
Gongfu, with a gaiwan - a gaiwan and thermos are always on my desk.

All of it...

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I grew up in the UK, where tea is a constant... but discovering what good loose leaf greens could be like was a revelation. The more I explored, the nicer the teas I found - and yet they took more and more effort, since the variety on sale here is so poor. I order nearly all my tea from China with long lead times (Yunnan Sourcing especially) and that takes a bit of investigation

What is your location?
The UK.
pedant
Admin

Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:05 pm

welcome, thanks for joining us
mhegara

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:19 am

hi everyone! im Lorenzo from Florence (Italy) and I recently started getting in to tea and specifically gon fu cha rite. I'm falling in love with Yixing pottery and I'm trying to gather the utensils to do gon fu cha properly!
I'm still studying and learning a lot about tea and proper preparation, so I'm thrilled to join this community to improve my learning process!
what really captured me about tea is the deep cultural, historical and artistic values that it brings with it, giving this world a lot of interesting meanings and importance when it comes to tea and related teaware.

thanks for letting me be a part of this community!
polezaivsani

Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:26 pm

A large part of that cultural expanse that tea brings, nests in your very much self, @mhegara. That is to say that I'm as delighted to see new members here! The long caffeinated nights and afternoons would reveal as much about the people around as they would shine lights into your own nature. Fractalesque and pleasantly tingling experience awaits those huddling around a bunch of tea leaves :).
Victoria
Admin

Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:19 pm

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃
StefTeaPot

Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:33 am

Hello everyone, I am Stef, from Belgium, and I am delighted to have found this forum.

I am not entirely new in tea drinking; I drank quite some tea for about a decade years ago. I later switched to coffee. Now I think it is time to connect to tea drinking again.

At the time I appreciated tea types like Lapsang Soochon, Oolong, Orange Pekoe, Gunpowder tea. I appreciated the sequel of drafts which offered a whole pallet of tastes and colours.

As teapots I used a red clay teapot, and used it for any kind of tea. I never thought about using one clay pot per tea origin.

i picked up my interest in china tea again recently, and my journey starts here. Pu-Erh tea is on the way, as are some Oolongs. My first Yixing pots ( 2 small, 2 larger) are on their way also, of which one small Yixing arrived yesterday.

i would like to learn more about the Yixing clay pots, and about the pairing of the right kind of pot with the right tea.

Before deciding which tea will go into which pot, I will taste the new teas and compare them. The Yixing pots will be paired with Pu-Erh and Oolong teas.

So in I dive, into the vast pool of knowledge and exchange gathered here.
lurid

Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:29 pm

All my life pretty much, but I only moved beyond tea bags and garbage supermarket loose leaf teas around early 2020.
I started with greens and jasmines, but I'm trying to expand my palette.
Well, if the stars align, I don't screw it up. :lol: I've been using a "makeshift gaiwan" (a mug with whatever I can find to use as a lid, lol.) I received my first actual gaiwan today.... moving up in the world, I guess, haha.
Well... all of it that I can? I'm most excited to get into pu-erh and hei cha, I suppose.
Dunno. Tried a sampler from Yunnan Sourcing a few years ago, enjoyed it a lot, and had it on the back of my mind since. Last month, I decided I want to get more into tea, and I've purchased a variety of different stuff to try.
What is your location?
Midwest US

I'm a bit embarassed to be posting here considering I know so little still, but I hope I can learn a thing or two on this forum. I guess everyone's gotta start somewhere. Nice to meet you all.
Wizard
New user

Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:27 pm

Hi folks, I have always loved tea. I drink tea every day and spend much of my waking hours thinking about tea. I figure this is a good place to find some good tea friends and share some banter.

I am looking forward to all the steeps here. Thank you for having me.
zaxtrap
New user

Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:04 am

About 10 years now

Mainly semi aged sheng pu'erh, but more recently I've been wanting to try some more yancha.

Gongfu style with a yixing pot. I use 6g/95ml, and the pot I use is a factory 1 green label qsn.

I'm interested in learning more about developing my palette, learning about more specific growing and storage regions, and more about yixing clay.

The first tea I was exposed to was yerba mate when I was in high school, which my friends would drink before class every day. I wanted to learn more about it so that I could enjoy it more, and it eventually lead me to be curious about other teas. Then I worked at a tea bar in college serving gongfu which is where I learned about that. Ever since I got more into aged pu'erh, I've wanted to continue exploring and learning about all things tea.

What is your location?
Nashville, TN
pedant
Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:59 pm

welcome 8-)
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃