Introduce Yourself

Twistedoolong6

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:05 pm

Hi all,
Been into tea all my life but not specifically into the intricacies of tea, mainly used to drink herbal and teabag teas. Looking forward to experiencing more and more into the world of teas. Still trying to experiment to see what’s out there.
pedant
Admin

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:12 pm

welcome!
DigitalSparks
New user

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:33 am

How long have you been drinking tea?

Pretty much all my life, however, it was always traditional southern-style tea (Lipton)

What kind of tea do you drink?

I started with English Teas, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, and Irish/Scottish Breakfast and noticed all the various types when shopping for Tea, so on my next order, I got several samples from a couple of vendors ranging from Oolong, Green Tea, and various Black Teas. I seem to lean towards Japanese Green tea, however, I also have moments I want to enjoy some Chinese green. Honestly, I have times of the day or just a desire at times for a specific tea depending on my mood at the moment.

How do you prepare your tea?

At first, I was doing western style, and I saw some videos on gongfu so I picked up a Gaiwan and a Yixing and started using those, more recently I purchased a Kyusu for my green tea (sencha and gyokuru)

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

I want to continue to explore all of the various types I haven't yet tried, once I find my personal favorites of a few types I will delve into the various cultivars of each type. I also want to try Matcha soon to see if I will like that style as well and of course, continue to build up my selection of various teawares.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

I have a few friends abroad who I have been in contact with for 20 years or so, from England, Asia, and Australia, and I have heard them speak of having a cuppa tea, and putting the kettle on through the years, so I decided to ask questions about their tea preferences, brewing methods and just went from there.

What is your location?

Louisiana USA
GailC

Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:55 pm

Most my life but nothing that great

Herbal, trying out puerh

Western at themoment

Tea ware and what kind of tea Iight like best

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Always wondered if there is something better then crappy grocery store tea.

What is your location?
Idaho USA
pmehta7
New user

Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:28 pm

What is your location? - Sydney, Australia
How long have you been drinking tea? - Tea has been a regular part of my lifestyle since childhood. I am now 50 years young
What kind of tea do you drink? - I have been drinking black tea generally green tea occasionally. But last year discovered Matcha
green tea from Japan. And I have now made Matcha part of my diet, at least 3-4 times a week due to benefits I personally experienced.
How do you prepare your tea? - I prepare black tea with milk and sugar, but also adding cardamom, aniseed (star) and hint of
cinnamon.
For Matcha, I whisk it is hot water and add honey and lemon.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now? - Interested in exploring various ways of consuming Matcha and other member's experiences with Matcha. Also other types of tea in the world.
polezaivsani

Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:46 am

This place must be becoming popular that @pmehta7 had to take the 7th variant of the name with the first six taken :lol: Just kidding. Very much welcome @DigitalSparks, @GailC adn @pmehta7!
Julie
New user

Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:16 am

A very long time. Hey, I'm an old lady. To give you a number would be pretentious and rather meaningless. My knowledge about tea exists on the head of a pin. I love learning.

Mostly green and white teas. On and off between loose leaf and tea bag. The last few years only loose leaf. It's taken a long time to become more thoughtful about my tea drinking.

Currently obsessed with semi-aged puerh. I also enjoy oolong on occasion.
Because I'm old, am drinking for the now, not saving for an uncertain future.

Gong fu or Western style.

How to make wise and not FOMO purchases. 8-)

It's a fascinating area to explore. So much history, variation, and complications. And... I love tea.

Came to puerh (over 18 months ago) via a long-term qigong practice. My teacher was always talking about puerh and decided to finally try it. Love at 2nd sip as a sense of deep calm overcame me.

I'm a solo tea drinker; my spouse is quite kind about my tea.

What is your location?
Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA)
Kirisako
New user

Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:30 pm

Hey everyone!

Around 35 years I or so.

Black, oolong, raw pu-erh, occasionally green.

Mostly gong-fu but also western or grandpa. Cold when it‘s hot.

I am still relatively new to pu-erh, around two years, so still finding out where to get good tea from.

Originally my grandfather introduced me to tea, what‘s keeping me is the taste and the culture.

What is your location?

Cologne, Germany
Victoria
Admin

Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:41 pm

Welcome to TeaForum new members. Looking forward to your many contributions to our community 🍃
HikerJohn
New user

Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:30 am

Good morning.

I used to be an avid drinker of coffee, but it was elevating my heart rate, and seemed to have a violent effect on the body. So I stopped and went caffeine free for a couple months.

And now I've been dipping my toes into the world of tea, mostly greens. I used to live near a teahouse in Tucson AZ that also sells through a website ( www.sevencups.com) so I've bought some from them and have been enjoying that quite a bit.

I'm not into teaware (yet) but am researching the body of knowledge around that, and this forum has so much lived experience that I had to join. I hope to invest in a clay pot eventually.

Thanks for having me.
lalo

Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:25 pm

Hey all,

Just a couple months now

Everything :)

Gong fu usually but senchado for japanese greens

Curious about the intricacies of yixing

Love me some tea man

What is your location?
Canada
debunix

Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm

Welcome Lalo and HikerJohn!

Having a brick-n-mortar Seven Cups nearby would be a great resource for exploring teas.
Victoria
Admin

Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:24 pm

Yes, Welcome to TeaForum @lalo and @HikerJohn. I’ve been curious about Seven Cups for several years now 🍃
Newdawn07
New user

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 am

Greetings Tea Lovers, I shall keep my responses short & sweet:

I have been trying to make the switch from coffee to loose leaf tea this past year.

Oolong,Puerh,Lotus,White Tea and Tangerine Tea.

Mostly Teapot,occasionally gaiwan.

I am interested in Puerh Tea and White Tea at the moment and what the future may bring for these teas.

The numerous health benefits of pure teas, supporting sustainable companies and discovering new tastes.

What is your location?
Ireland
pedant
Admin

Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:05 am

welcome!