Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:14 am

Welcome to TeaForum @chillian12 and @elfenthee 🍃
metalfan1999
New user

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:53 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?

Seriously for about two years.

What kind of tea do you drink?

All kinds, but primarily Pu Erh/Hei Cha, Oolong (mid/darker - more oxidised), Black tea (most Dianhong). I also like Green (mostly Chinese and Japanese) and White teas. I rarely had yellow tea.

How do you prepare your tea?

Gong fu style.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

I Pu Erh tea alcoholic? I love Shu Pu Erh, but I am also straight edge and would like to know if there is any alcohol content in Shu Pu Erh, due to the fermentation process.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

Don's videos from mei leaf got me interested in exploring tea further.

What is your location?

Germany
pedant
Admin

Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:33 pm

welcome!
teatray

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:08 pm

metalfan1999 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:53 pm
I Pu Erh tea alcoholic? I love Shu Pu Erh, but I am also straight edge and would like to know if there is any alcohol content in Shu Pu Erh, due to the fermentation process.
Welcome! There's no alcohol in dry leaf tea. Any formed during processing would evaporate and it cannot be stored dry (without purposeful microencapsulation).
BennyRC
New user

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:06 pm

New to tea this year, I’ve been trying everything, I’m most interested in puerh, heicha, and aged oolong. I have recently bought several yixing pots and also use juanshui. I really don’t know what I’m doing but I love exploring all the great new flavors. I’m most interested in developing a more refined palate and the ability to understand why I might like something. I want to know more how to avoid potentially “bad tea” or tea I don’t like. 😂 I’m from North Carolina in the USA.
pedant
Admin

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:59 pm

welcome!
Bourder
New user

Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:56 am

Hello!

I've been drinking tea my whole life, but I got serious about it only 10 months ago. I tend to gravitate to more oxidized types, like hong shui and Taiwanese hong cha. To brew tea I use 5-6 grams of leaves in a 90ml glazed gaiwan. I pour hot water from a 1l thermos, which is a good match for the amount of tea I use and my preference for lighter brews. Eventually though, I would like to get a small Yixing teapot (or 3) and a better source of hot water (I was thinking about getting a tetsubin, but they are kind of intimidating both in size and maintenance, so I'll probably settle for some quiet electric kettle). In the nearest future I would like to explore aged sheng puer. Later, probably teaware. For both it seems that this forum should be more than useful.

Greetings from Poland!
Victoria
Admin

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:45 am

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃
polezaivsani

Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:27 am

Hello Bourder!
Bourder wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:56 am
a small Yixing teapot (or 3)
Mu-a-ha-ha-ha :twisted: Sorry, I meant you came to the right place, just let's see what it'll be for you a year from now =). Also I'll be having a second trial of 90's green mark from thetea.pl which looked plenty tasty the other day.
botlofchaz

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:19 pm

Hey All, new here, although have been surfing the forum here and there for a bit now. Happy to finally introduce myself and hopefully contribute a bit.

How long have you been drinking tea?
About a year and a half.

What kind of tea do you drink?
I've been trying to dip my toes into just about everything to see what I like. I've enjoyed Taiwanese oolongs and Japanese greens, particularly senchas, and would love to continue exploring those.

How do you prepare your tea?
In a gaiwan or kyusu, gong fu style.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Learning more about water and how it affects tea. Better understanding general parameters on brewing different types of tea. Learning how to better identify characteristics like aroma, mouthfeel, texture, etc during tasting.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
The pandemic and having extra time on my hands while my business was on hiatus was what started me down the path. Gaining a clearer understanding of how varied and big the tea world is has kept me there. I didnt know how much bigger and more interesting it was than what you can find in your average American supermarket or coffee shop until I started digging, and now I'm hooked. But also a love of ceramics, both as a collector and maker.

What is your location?
Chicago
pedant
Admin

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:48 pm

welcome! nice to see another chicago person.
botlofchaz

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:26 am

pedant wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:48 pm
welcome! nice to see another chicago person.
Thanks @pedant. Yep, nice to see some other Chicago folks.
FishWrex
New user

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:06 am

Hello, My name is Nate and I live in Idaho USA. I have always been a Tea drinker as coffee makes me sick, so figure 50 years. Was always plain cheap Lipton tea but over the last decade or so I have expanded into Green teas and honey to eliminate sugar. Gunpowder green is the current favorite with jasmine green coming in a close second.
debunix

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:14 pm

Welcome! If you stick around here long enough, you might discover some green teas that are delicious without any sweetener at all…