Introduce Yourself

ssosa
Vendor

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:07 am

:D :D Nice to meet you too!! ... I hope that Victoria said something good about me!! :P :P
pedant wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:16 pm
hey, ssosa! Victoria has mentioned you before. nice to "meet" you!
debunix

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Victoria wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:14 pm
we also included a special gyokuro of yours for our Inaugural Tasting at TeaForum. It was so good! Thank you 🍃
It WAS so good. I hoarded a second package of that tea until just a month or two ago, and it was still so good. Thank you for the great tea....and looking forward to learning and sharing more here with you.
Nova02

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:06 pm

Hello, one and all! My name is Benjamin T, and I'm a 19 year old college student who loves eastern tea culture!

How long have you been drinking tea?
- I've always drunk tea over the years, but it was the low quality store brand/teabag kind of stuff. I only discovered what I've heard described as "true tea" this last January, and have been absorbing a massive amount of information daily ever since. I am pretty much exclusively enthralled with eastern tea culture; I know the most about Chinese tea culture, but am learning a lot about Japanese and Taiwanese tea culture right now as well.

What kind of tea do you drink?
- I actually started my tea journey with pu-erh, as it was essentially the only tea I hadn't heard about before and was thus very interesting. I have since moved on, realizing it just isn't for me, and am now a drinker of Chinese/Japanese greens, aged white teas (the only tea that I have a Yixing pot for, funnily enough), and any kind of oolong!

How do you prepare your tea?
- I brew my tea with a gaiwan (gong fu style) or my Yixing teapot. I'm going to get a kyusu shortly to brew my Japanese greens in, because gaiwans aren't the best tools for the job.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
- Pretty much anything. I think I've learned the most about green and white teas, so perhaps I'd like to learn more about oolong, black, and yellow teas.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
- To preface, I'm a very information-oriented person: I love learning new things, and retain new information very well. I am also an avid foodie, loving fancy foods and beverages (true tea is one of the ultimate fancy beverages in my opinion haha). I first started delving into tea when I had a thought early this year, "what exactly is tea made from?" Finding out that all types of tea (herbal, yerba mate, etc not included) are made from the same plant just blew my mind, and I had to know more about how that worked. I kept delving deeper and deeper into the history and technique of tea, and pretty soon, I was hooked. 6 months later, and this is now a lifestyle. I've acquired tea trays, gaiwans, tea cups, Yixing teapots, and an astounding amount of tea, and I've loved every second of it.

What is your location?
- I'm based in Virginia, USA!
Victoria
Admin

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:09 am

Welcome to TeaForum @Nova02. A few of us are in the area, right now I’m in Annapolis visiting. Maybe one day we meet 🍃
Nova02

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:48 pm

Thanks @@Victoria for the warm welcome! I'd be honored.
pedant
Admin

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:28 pm

welcome, @Nova02!
Quentin

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Not very long, around 6 months - so far I've been loving working through my shincha stockpile.

I mainly drink Japanese green teas, I especially love fukamushi! When I'm not in the mood for an umami bomb then I'll usually drink white peony, jasmine, and Jin Xuan Oolong.

Yuzamashi + kyusu for greens, otherwise gongfu for my Chinese teas. I generally brew solo with my tasting note-cards due to not knowing anyone else interested in tea.

Right now I'm just starting to understand how how large the world of tea is, and how little I know about it. Currently, I'm specifically interested in clay/tea interactions and teaware production methods/materials.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Originally, I really didn't like tea, the only times I had tea was at generically asian restaurants pre-pandemic, and it never really tasted good to me. But after developing an appreciation for Japanese pottery, I bought a kyusu made by Sekiryu and some green teas with hopes that the teas I've had in the past were just brewed in a way that I didn't like, and to my surprise I fell in love with all the different things you can taste in a cup of tea! (The fact that after a cup of fukamushi I could taste cherries was mind blowing!)

Since then I've been trying all the different kinds of teas I can get my hands on and keeping notes on all of the ways they taste unique. Brewing tea has become one of the most comforting and harmonious things in my life, and I'm so excited to have found this forum and hope that I'll be able to one day help others with their own tea journeys.

What is your location?
Minnesota, USA (Twin Cities)
kekstee

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:16 pm

Basic western style okay-ish black tea and some oolong forever, only got more interested in gong fu brewing and more tea types with some online research 5 years ago.

Mostly Chinese, some Sencha from time to time. If I had to name a favourite it would be sheng puerh, different oolongs a close second, but I like to try different things.

Gaiwans, Yixing pots...

I'm looking to get a nice collection of teaware I like now that I begin to have an opinion on the teas I drink.

I've always drunk lots of tea and it was interesting to look for more interesting teas. I knew there was more out there from occasional good stuff I tried.

What is your location?
Germany
debunix

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Welcome!
expattim

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:27 am

Hello, My name is Tim.

I've drunk tea since I was a kid (Mostly Twinings and some herbal infusions Chammomile etc..).

I just got serious about tea recently...realized there is so much more out there to try. I have been enjoying learning about the Japanese green teas, Shinchas, Senchas, Kabusechas etc.. I also enjoy a good white tea, and am trying oolongs also.

I recently acquired a couple of kyusus...and am really enjoying using them.

I am an American living in Europe (BeNeLux region)....I am married to an awesome woman who's from here. I am retired and so am able to spend some time on creative things I enjoy, I knit, weave, am learning to sew. I have done traditional western style leather tooling, and was a tattoo artist for years.

I am looking forward to learning more and enjoying more teas.

Tim.

Victoria
Admin

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:44 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @expattim 🍃
expattim

Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:51 am

Victoria wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:44 pm
Welcome to TeaForum expattim 🍃
Thank you!
arnopeck

Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:58 am

Hello Tea friends

I introduce myself :-)

25 years ago I randomly discovered what good green tea can be
4 years ago I was introduced from some Asian friends to "gongfu cha" and old puerh, and from that moment I became one of that ends in teaforum.org... :D

Oolong, Puerh, Hong-Cha, 2 or 3 times a day

depend of the tea or the situation, mainly gongfu cha with a teapot or gaiwan
I like to discover different styles of brewing from the strict Chaozhou GFC, to the casual "Use what you have available"

hmmm, many, but just to tell one,
Lao Cha, old tea that has 30+ years

Tea is a whispering Master, the more I listen to it the more I learn about me.

What is your location?
Firenze, Italy

ciao ciao
Arno
Victoria
Admin

Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:06 am

Welcome to TeaForum @arnopeck. You hail from a beautiful city 🍃
Vjt

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Hello all!
My name is Vineet. I live in Portland, Or. Happy to be here.

I have been drinking tea for only 3 years. I was a dedicated coffee drinker for a few decades and then a friend invited me to a tea class with him. Over the following months the thought of tea kept coming up in my awareness. At some point I just headed what felt like a call, bought some less than decent tea to get me by until I could source something better. After that I was in. Soon after that I started going to tea class a few times a month where I was able to get really wonderful exposure and guidance. And here I am.

My tea preference adjusts with the seasons for the most part. Right now, during the summer months, my body and mind has been craving sheng with a bit of a bitter bite. Winter is Shou time, yancha, liu bao. I went through a charcoal roasted dancong phase in the pre-spring months this year. Other than that I dip into my liu an baskets from time to time, dong ding... Fortunately I have a fair variety of tea to move around with.

My favorite way to drink tea is gongfu style early in the morning. I'll just sit and meditate on the energy, my body, and my senses, perhaps listen to some music or morning chanting. My afternoon tea sessions are down in the kitchen, still gongfu style, and I'll dabble online or clean the house or play with my dogs.

I don't have a specific interest at the moment. I'm just open to what comes up for me and what comes along.

I'll quote arnopeck~
"Tea is a whispering Master, the more I listen to it the more I learn about me." That's about right for me as well.