Introduce Yourself

pedant
Admin

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:16 am

welcome, @Ssettekk!

next time you go to a local tea shop, could you share a couple of pics? i'd like to see what shops are like there.
OhThatNinja

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Hello from Ohio.
I've been drinking tea for as long as I remember myself.
I used to hang out on the TeaChat and just learned about this forum. Pretty exited and I already see some familiar faces here!
My favorite tea keeps changing from time to time. Right now it's Oolong teas...
sillysquash
New user

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 am

Hi, I'm new here!

How long have you been drinking tea?
A long time, my family is from Hong Kong and Taiwan so drank a fair amount of tea from China and Taiwan growing up.

What kind of tea do you drink?
Mostly oolong, but looking to explore more, and I've been getting into pu'er. Pretty caffeine sensitive so also like herbal teas for the afternoon and evening.

How do you prepare your tea?
Mostly gongfu style, I have a tiny gaiwan (70ml) that I like to use! For herbal teas, I just brew in a large mug.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Exploring different teas. Starting to get into teaware.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Don't have a lot of tea aficionado friends, and I'd like to explore more.

What is your location?
East Coast, US
teamonkpo
New user

Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:10 am

Hi, My name is Po, I live in Portland, Oregon. I have a tea school devoted to learning about teas in relation to self cultivation. I also host private groups for tea sessions. I have a passion for tea and asian art. I have found that tea attracts such fine people in my life and I am so grateful. I love all good tea but my favorite is well aged shou puerh, stored in hong kong, malaysia, or taiwan. My website is heavenstea.com and my ig account is teadrunkpo.
DarkenedSun
New user

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi all. Just introducing myself.

How long have you been drinking tea?
Since around 2010. (I'm not going to count the supermarket stuff I drank before)

What kind of tea do you drink?
Right now I drink houjicha mostly due to caffiene sensitivity but before I was a big fan of oolong and puerh.

How do you prepare your tea?
Depends on the tea.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Nothing specific really. I've had to cut back my tea drinking since I developed a pretty severe sensitivity to the caffiene in tea so mostly I like reading other people's experiences in tea drinking. (I'm vicariously drinking tea through you all)

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I was introduced to a really nice genmaicha and it went from there.

What is your location?
SF Bay Area, CA