FB groups for Yixing?

Chadrinkincat

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:19 pm

I’ve been pondering the idea of starting a FB group for western zisha collectors. I’m not sure there is a huge demand for one but I thought it might be fun to see what other US/EU people are collecting.

Anybody know of any FB groups started by western yixing collectors?
oolongfan

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:52 pm

I can't answer your question...but if you do start a Facebook group please let me know, I would be interested :)
Bok
Vendor

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Sounds like an idea! I just would be mindful of setting it up in a similar way as the Early teapot group with certain rules to avoid being swamped by dodgy sellers.

Like posting picture with name handwritten so one knows who’s it really is, etc.

What would be to goal of it? Sharing? Showing off, evaluation and identification? I think that should be clear for you before setting it up.

Not sure if Facebook is not on the way out and if something like this wouldn’t be better located in here? I believe the more serious people are among us already. I for one would rather post here than on Facebook, which I do rarely use these days.
Chadrinkincat

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:56 pm

@Bok

I think the main objective would be for people outside of Asia to share the pots they are collecting along with general zisha discussions about vintage, antique, fully handmade and artistic pots.

There is little need for F1 authentication. FB group already has this covered.

No discussion about where to buy $50 starter pots since every tea forum/group has already answered this question.

No selling of pots.