Tea Trays!

Bok
Vendor

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:19 pm

todbranson40 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:25 am
Stephen wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:37 pm
There are decent tea trays out there from most of the major tea vendors. I got my last bamboo tray from Amazon because of free shipping. The bamboo tray holds up pretty well. I haven't used it in a while though as I prefer a set-up like what's pictured.
I know this thread is very old but, It looks awesome... I want to make a DIY bamboo tray... But which bamboo type is the best i couldn't decide... Thank you...
Question is more like what bamboo is available near where you live… bamboo made items are usually very cheap as it literally grows everywhere in Asia, shipping some materials to where you are for DIY might easily end up as expensive or more just for the bamboo. Also bamboo needs some special tools to be worked.

If DIY I’d use whatever other materials are easily available to you.
Maybe you can find wood that is not sensitive to being soaked in water or something like that?
Stephen

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:46 pm

@todbranson40
Agree with what Bok said. You could make a tray from local materials if you have the tools, like a slice from a cut down tree, or a piece of wood from local lumber store, even pallet wood could be repurposed. Most wood can be finished to be water resistant. And if you are brewing in a dry style (compared to pouring water over things) then it's even easier because you just need a flat piece of cool looking wood.