Killy

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Chadrinkincat wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 am
tealifehk wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 am
Chadrinkincat wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 am
FB group has a post dedicated to green label base stamps. This one is included but without better quality pictures this pot can't be confirmed.
Thank you! All of my green labels have Yixing China stamps, so this was a surprise to me. I'll have to find that post! I'm certain this pot is real now. I was just unsure about the stamp being from that period!
Just search 1977 and a post on green label stamps will show up.
Thank you Chadrinkincat!
Tearrans

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:21 pm

ShuShu wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 pm
Killy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Thank you very much steanze!

What kind of tea could be ok for the duanni/jiangponi? Due to that is not dedicated, I could try with some recommendation withouth reserves :D

PS. By the way, do you thing the shuiping could be a real f1 green label? I haven't seen one before to compare, and poor lid fit surprise me
Duanni usually works well with shu (ripe) pu-erh and also with old sheng stored in traditional (humid) conditions. I havn't tested it, but Jiangponi is taken to be quite versatile.
This is interesting, why jiangponi is better for shu and hongni for yancha in your opinion? I only have one pot, and is jianponi, Im started using it with yancha and have to say that works well, haven’t tried whit shu yet.
Thanks for all your help.
ShuShu

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Tearrans wrote:
This is interesting, why jiangponi is better for shu and hongni for yancha in your opinion? I only have one pot, and is jianponi, Im started using it with yancha and have to say that works well, haven’t tried whit shu yet.
Good Yancha has distinctive high notes and aroma that are better preserved in a less porous hongni. Though, some prefer to sacrifice those for a thicker body that you get when brewing Yancha in more porous clay. The aroma of Yancha is very easily noticeable in a gaiwan but diminishes with more porous clays. Try it and see what do you prefer. Some also like to use more porous clays to avoid the roasting taste. Personally, I have found this effect rather limited. If the roasting taste is too hard for you a zini will not save the tea. jiangponi Is a recent discovery. I think that in terms of the material it’s from the “red” family, like hongni and zhuni but it is more porous than them and often paired well with aged sheng
Tearrans

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 am

ShuShu wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:55 pm
Tearrans wrote:
Good Yancha has distinctive high notes and aroma that are better preserved in a less porous hongni. Though, some prefer to sacrifice those for a thicker body that you get when brewing Yancha in more porous clay. The aroma of Yancha is very easily noticeable in a gaiwan but diminishes with more porous clays. Try it and see what do you prefer. Some also like to use more porous clays to avoid the roasting taste. Personally, I have found this effect rather limited. If the roasting taste is too hard for you a zini will not save the tea. jiangponi Is a recent discovery. I think that in terms of the material it’s from the “red” family, like hongni and zhuni but it is more porous than them and often paired well with aged sheng
Thanks ShuShu, I didnt know that, Im going to make a side by side to be sure, but until now what I noticed with my pot is:
- less aromatic (for me is not a problem)
- Little more thicker and smoother
- Less pronounced and more balance metallic or mineral sensation, for me this is kind of a problem because I enjoyed the sensation but for my wife is better in this way
- I think it make the tea less bitter 🤷🏻‍♂️

About the high notes that you say it can be I will try to notice that in the side by side.

One more question, and why this characteristic of the clay make it better for the shu?

Thanks again.
ShuShu

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:58 am

Tearrans wrote:
Thanks ShuShu, I didnt know that, Im going to make a side by side to be sure, but until now what I noticed with my pot is:
- Less pronounced and more balance metallic or mineral sensation, for me this is kind of a problem because I enjoyed the sensation but for my wife is better in this way

About the high notes that you say it can be I will try to notice that in the side by side.

One more question, and why this characteristic of the clay make it better for the shu?

Thanks again.
Well, I think that shu is simply more enjoyable when it has a rounder and fuller body that porous clays usually give while its aroma is not especially complex and benefits from emphasis (as with greener oolongs). Porous clays can also round undesired storage flavors that shu sometimes have and bitterness. Try to brew shu in a gaiwan. Good shu will remain good but you will notice some bitterness and less of the rounded mellow sweetness that shu usually has.
Some people actually like jiangponi exactly because of its natural iron content and its effect on the tea.
Tearrans

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:48 am

ShuShu wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:58 am
Tearrans wrote:

Thanks again.
Well, I think that shu is simply more enjoyable when it has a rounder and fuller body that porous clays usually give while its aroma is not especially complex and benefits from emphasis (as with greener oolongs). Porous clays can also round undesired storage flavors that shu sometimes have and bitterness. Try to brew shu in a gaiwan. Good shu will remain good but you will notice some bitterness and less of the rounded mellow sweetness that shu usually has.
Some people actually like jiangponi exactly because of its natural iron content and its effect on the tea.
Thanks! Will keep experimenting on this 🍵