Pairing yixing pots with teas

OCTO

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:09 am

Andrew S wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 am
There often seems to be a desire to seek out the best possible pot in terms of clay, pour speed, or some other factor, whereas it seems to me that each pot reveals a different story with any given tea, and all we have to do is do our best to let that pot work well for us. If we focus on trying to find the 'optimal clay' or the 'optimal teapot', then I thing that we get distracted from making our tea.
I can't agree more. When we started learning the about the art of tea, we were taught... if you over steep.... just add some hot water and remember not to repeat the same mistake. The is drunk and enjoyed and moved on to subsequent brews... hahahahah..... Not losing sleep over it... hahahahaha

Cheers!!
olivierd

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:42 pm

Appreciated.
Brewing habit is the most simple : filling a quarter to a third of the pot depending on compression and leaf size ; one or two rinses depending on compression, age, storage ; steeping about 5s for first brew and pour, repeat ; a minute to cool down the brew ; serve and drink. Repeat with longer steeping. Averaging two consecutive brews is not as per the book if that means anything, but except that...
Pour speed might not be of utter importance, it just happened to be one of the chart variables, hence my comments. Yet I take your point to further reduce leaf ratio. Thanks.
OCTO

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:38 am

Reviving an old thread....

Here's a pot which affinity perfectly matches LiuBao! Brews LiuBao like no other pots I have. Nothing fancy. Poor workmanship, below average clay quality, wobbly lid, spout leaks and drips like a leaky pipe.... But friends have borrowed this pot to sell LiuBao.... hahahaha.... very interesting pot. Literally started glowing immediately after I started using it.

Rare and much treasured pot indeed.

Cheers!!

IMG_6039.JPG
IMG_6039.JPG (162.08 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
Bok
Vendor

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:37 pm

@OCTO exactly what Yixing newbies want to hear haha 😂 Convention defining teapots.