Yixing tea pot,Hedaohong,Taiwan

steanze
Vendor

Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:50 am

Sorry to say, this is not authentic. The clay is incorrect. Also, this isn't He Daohong's style. It is not even a good replica, it is very very obvious.

Considering your several recent posts, I can think of two possibilities. The first possibility is that unfortunately you trusted somebody who gave you incorrect information. If this is the case, I am sorry that it happened to you, and I hope you can accept it sooner rather than later, so that you will not spend more money on teapots that are not authentic. The second possibility is that you are trying to establish a reputation here to sell some of these teapots. If this is the case, I do not think it is a good use of your time, this community is not going to fall for it. Have a good day.
Chadrinkincat

Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:33 am

😂
steanze
Vendor

Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:28 pm

helotea wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Please go back to the normal track, otherwise you will lost a lot of money.

You are on the wrong track and you do not know. You are wasting your time on the Wrong track.
Thanks for your advice. As a token of gratitude, I would like to gift you this painting by Raphael:
raphael.jpg
raphael.jpg (55.22 KiB) Viewed 3102 times
Bok
Vendor

Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:09 pm

For all the different others, who want to look into what a real Hedaohong(何道洪) teapot might look like, check this link out: https://www.taohuren.com/zisha/s?word=% ... 3%E6%B4%AA

Famous also for what I call "Disney-style" bulby shaped pots.
steanze
Vendor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:24 am

^^ exactly. There are also some other pots he made before developing that style, but nothing that looks like helotea's teapot.
faj

Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:16 am

It seems to me there may be three explanations to the recent debate.
  • Our new friend is right, and experienced forum members are fools arguing against the truth
  • Our new friend is wrong, and unable to see the error in their ways
  • Our new friend is trolling, and receiving attention
I know very little about Yixing in general, and nothing about Yixing master potters, so I cannot begin to ascertain what is going on. I would certainly like to see a picture of the teapots on the kitchen table under "normal" lighting, though, so as to better study them.
steanze
Vendor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:32 am

faj wrote:
  • Our new friend is right, and experienced forum members are fools arguing against the truth
I know very little about Yixing in general, and nothing about Yixing master potters, so I cannot begin to ascertain what is going on. I would certainly like to see a picture of the teapots on the kitchen table under "normal" lighting, though, so as to better study them.
I was wondering about the last two options as well before my last few posts, so I went to check helotea's profile and found that he lists as occupation "Seller of Taiwan oolong tea and Yixing teapots":
helotea.jpg
helotea.jpg (13.79 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
it is at this point that my interpretation became less charitable, because this particular pot in this thread, with its unnatural shine and texture (it looks "plasticky"), is probably not even made of Yixing clay. The question here should not be whether it is made by a master or not, but whether it is real Yixing clay or not. And if it is Yixing clay, what was added to it. You can also see it in the lack of definition of the seal, the material this teapot is made of is not normal Yixing clay. Any seller should immediately recognize it as replica.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:32 pm

:lol:
Opinions were thanked for in advance. If trolling, one can thank & thank & thank even when harshly criticized.

There is intrigue, at least for the initiator of the post & me, because I do not know what was meant by "There is one pair."

Vendors can easily struggle to describe products that they sell. It is great for me to see somebody attempting to get a favorable impression of something by simply saying its owner finds its shape intriguing & that he likes it. Perhaps there is something to be learned.

I have written many times that this forum would benefit from more humor. Also I have wanted posts that are taking us on weird paths, to be challenged before the thread gets too crazy. Things got serioius fast here. I can't remember such a quick response to troublesome posting. I forget most nonsense but remember the guy who had many working so hard to make him a pu-erh expert despite his callousness, narcism, & .... never mind, I don't want to try to revisit that mess, because it was not fun (at least for me or sized up the exploitation etc. right off & felt bad that nice people were being so good to someone who was not nice).

I think this there is fun this time & other benefits, including some "yixing" experts who don't always get along so well, agreeing that something was amiss. Also, I who doesn't know much about yixing, can jump into the thread with more than my frequent reminder that good leaves, water, & preparation matter more than the teaware..
Bok
Vendor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:16 pm

faj wrote:
Add an annex to the third:
> receiving attention >create interest >sell off the fakes (not making this up, offers have been made to other parties via other channels).
Andrew S

Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:54 pm

I'll take this opportunity to say that, as a complete beginner in the world of Yixing pots, I'm very grateful for having found this forum.

Andrew
Bok
Vendor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:04 pm

Andrew S wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:54 pm
I'll take this opportunity to say that, as a complete beginner in the world of Yixing pots, I'm very grateful for having found this forum.

Andrew
8-)
Bok
Vendor

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:55 am

If that Wu Baohua told you that the pot you posted a few days ago is made by Gu then he is simply a liar, no matter who he is…

No point to bombard the forum with screenshots and certificates, those are just paper and the pictures don’t help your case either.

Again writing this for the sake of anyone reading as the author clearly is beyond rescue, drowning in “opinions”.

I prefer facts to opinions. It’s getting tiresome. There are plenty of facebook groups with low levels of standards and high levels of ignorance where you can get away with this parade of forgery, but not here.

Try this on one of the more serious Taiwanese collector groups and you are going to get laughed out the door - but wait, :lol: that’s probably what already happened and made you look for more gullible audiences :lol:
steanze
Vendor

Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:04 am

It became rapidly clear that this isn't a case of someone who is trying to learn and ran into a seller who scammed him, but rather that of a seller who is trying to find new customers to scam.

I don't know Wu Baohua - maybe he is also a scammer, or maybe he is a legitimate collector whose name is being used by helotea to lend authority to his claims. After all, anybody can come here and say that some expert told them that a teapot is authentic - that does not mean that the expert actually did. There is a chance that Wu Baohua would be horrified seeing his name associated with these claims.

I understand that sometimes discussions between "experts" can be difficult to evaluate, in some cases it might feel like it's one person's word against another.

But nobody in the profession of selling Yixing teapots would honestly claim that a pot that can be obtained for $96 on King Tea Mall was truly made by Gu Jingzhou (made of Jiangponi no less, an ore that was discovered when Gu was in the very last years of his life). A teapot that comes with a certificate of the author (!) that does not say Gu Jingzhou. Nobody would seriously believe that Gu, at the peak of his fame, after having served as Deputy Director of Factory 1, and being recognized as the greatest master of the 20th century, would have made shuipings in large batches and sold them for under $96, along with a certificate saying that they were made by some other relatively unknown potter, so that KTM could sell them for $96 today. To think of it, this is probably the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard in the world of Yixing, and I have heard a lot of funny ones.

I agree that this is starting to get tiring, we can't keep playing whac-a-mole with all the new posts about fake pots. It looks to me that helotea is walking at fast pace towards a ban.
BriarOcelot

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 am

It was my attempt at humour :B
steanze
Vendor

Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:00 pm

BriarOcelot wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 am
It was my attempt at humour :B
Oh, I wasn't referring to you, I understood your humor... I was referring to helotea's subsequent comment saying that it's 100% authentic :D

This one:
gu.jpg
gu.jpg (70.9 KiB) Viewed 2776 times