Yixing tea pot,Hedaohong,Taiwan

Quentin

Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:48 pm

As someone who knows admittedly little about Chinese tea, and especially vintage Yixing pottery - these recent threads have been fun to read through on my lunch breaks.

I worry though, all this must be confusing for somebody new trying to learn about pots and makers. Maybe after the dust settles, these recent threads could be bunched together as an example of “Things to look out for”?
Last edited by Quentin on Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeoFox

Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:12 pm

Quentin wrote:
As someone who knows admittedly little about Chinese tea, and especially vintage Yixing pottery - these recent threads have been fun to read through on my lunch breaks.

I worry though, all this must be confusing for somebody new trying to learn about pots and makers. Maybe after the dust settles, these recent threads could be bunched together as an example of “Things to look out for” ?
I made a fake teapot thread for this occasion, hoping the admins will move these over - and then ban that scammer
Quentin

Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:10 pm

LeoFox wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:12 pm
Quentin wrote:

I worry though, all this must be confusing for somebody new trying to learn about pots and makers. Maybe after the dust settles, these recent threads could be bunched together as an example of “Things to look out for”?
I made a fake teapot thread for this occasion, hoping the admins will move these over - and then ban that scammer
That’s sounds like it could even be worth pinning if we get some good resources! I feel bad that I can’t contribute much; I only really feel confident speaking about mislabeled Rengetsu-yaki.
OCTO

Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:08 pm

helotea wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:02 am
Good evening.

Here comes my collection: Hedaohong.

The shape is very intriguing . I like it a lot.
It has one pair.
Thank you for your opinions.
Interesting pot.... do you have more He DaHong pots in your collection? Would love to see your collection.