Yixing tea pot,Gujingzhou tea pot,The master

BriarOcelot

Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:27 am

I had to chuckle as take a look at what I'm drinking out of:

For the record, it's a really lovely brewing pot that gets a lot of regular use... but I doubt it was made by a master potter. Pretty sure it's a jiangponi clay, but welcome correction. The pot to the left is signed Meng Chen! :P
Bok
Vendor

Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:34 pm

@BriarOcelot this is hilarious 😆

I’m sure the collectors are relieved that there really are that many Gu pots out there for everyone! Haha
BriarOcelot

Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:14 pm

@Bok if you want your own you can buy your very own Gujingzhou shui ping here. It even comes with a signed certificate by the maker. :mrgreen:
steanze
Vendor

Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:04 pm

:lol:
Bok
Vendor

Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:58 pm

So to summarise – please get your 100% authentic, opinion-free, Gu Jingzhou pieces from Kingteamall and Taobao directly for cheap, instead of paying the several K of USD that more shady people are asking for such fine pieces of automated industrial craftsmanship.

:mrgreen:
Tea Adventures

Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:54 am

It has been a while since I checked Teaforum, but this post cracks me up. Happy I came back for this :D
Bok
Vendor

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:39 am

Yixing tea pot itself talks.
These ones are certainly shouting, but not all do listen.
teamakers.art

Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:25 am

Bok wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:58 pm
So to summarise – please get your 100% authentic, opinion-free, Gu Jingzhou pieces from Kingteamall and Taobao directly for cheap, instead of paying the several K of USD that more shady people are asking for such fine pieces of automated industrial craftsmanship.

:mrgreen:
omg hahaha
OCTO

Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:43 pm

helotea wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:38 pm
OCTO wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:01 am
helotea

What an awesome name to bring up here!!....

My humble 2cents worth..... GJZ is a highly revered master in the Yixing sphere. I strongly suggest you get it certified by a Yixing historian!! None of us here have adequate credentials to come to a conclusive certainty that your pot is indeed made by GJZ. Each Yixing Master from that era and of that level of mastery have their very own unique signature strokes that sets them apart from the rest.

You might have a true gem in your hands... I would even pay a good sum to get it verified. If the conclusion is positive, get it insured ... hahahaha..... It's easily a 6 figure pot!

Without a conclusive certainty, I'm sorry to say, each GJZ pot will almost always be seen as a replica or a sad attempt to replicate the Master's craft. Before any conclusion is achieved, I stand by my 2cents.... as the saying goes..... if it's too unbelievably good to be true, it's too good to be true.

I concur with steanze and Bok... hope our brutal sincerity doesn't dent your passion in joining us in the rabbit hole. It's a whole lot of fun here.

Cheers!!

helotea wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:51 am
This is my collection,shui ping tea pot made by Gujingzhou
I like it a lot.

Muo yuan zhai jing tang zhi
Lid: jing ji

Your opinions?
Ijust saw this post,

You are very new to Yixing tea pot.

I do not expect you can know anything about GJZ tea pot.

All of your life.

It is better you buy molded tea pots to save money.
Yes.... indeed. I'm still learning. TQ for sharing your treasured gem with us. It's indeed an eye opener.

Cheers!