Yixing advice

PamelaOry

Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:38 pm

Hello! I have a few pots that I’ve had for over 10 years that I can’t remember where I got them. I assumed they were fake but now am not sure. One of them, has a green “made in China” sticker on it. Can I post pictures for help in understanding what I have? I’ve been afraid to brew in them because if they are fakes, who knows what they’re made of right?
Victoria
Admin

Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:42 pm

PamelaOry wrote:
Hello! I have a few pots that I’ve had for over 10 years that I can’t remember where I got them. I assumed they were fake but now am not sure. One of them, has a green “made in China” sticker on it. Can I post pictures for help in understanding what I have? I’ve been afraid to brew in them because if they are fakes, who knows what they’re made of right?
Welcome to TeaForum @PamelaOry. Feel free to post Yixing you own for member advice. When you share images include underside of pot to show stamp. If it says Made in China, it was probably made as a tourist momento, so not great clay. You can try leaving boiling water in it until it cools, and then taste the water to see if it tastes OK. Someone gifted me a Made in China ‘yixing’ pot that I’ll never use, mostly because I don’t like the shape and lid opening is kind of too small to easily remove leaves.
Baisao

Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:50 pm

PamelaOry wrote:
A green sticker my indicate that it is a so-called green label Factory 1 teapot. If real, it is not bad clay by any means but a number of fakes have been appearing in recent years. Please post to the Yixing thread located here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18&start=5475
Victoria
Admin

Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:51 pm

Baisao wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:50 pm
PamelaOry wrote:
A green sticker my indicate that it is a so-called green label Factory 1 teapot. If real, it is not bad clay by any means but a number of fakes have been appearing in recent years. Please post to the Yixing thread located here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18&start=5475
True -missed the ‘green’ sticker part, could be F1. Moved your post to Yixing so we don’t have a double post.