Yixing advice

gregcss
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Virginia, US

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm

Chris wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:22 pm
I have one of the YZG DCQ pots made by Shen Ye Qin. I've been using it with early 2000s sheng and am very happy with it; the tea is smooth, full, and sweet every time. It's almost effortless.

Others here know more than me but I'm very satisfied with my experience. I haven't used a Yinchen DCQ pot, so I can't offer a point of comparison there.
Thanks for the input
User avatar
klepto
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:49 pm

Chris wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:22 pm
I have one of the YZG DCQ pots made by Shen Ye Qin. I've been using it with early 2000s sheng and am very happy with it; the tea is smooth, full, and sweet every time. It's almost effortless.

Others here know more than me but I'm very satisfied with my experience. I haven't used a Yinchen DCQ pot, so I can't offer a point of comparison there.
I have a one of their pots made by Shen Ye Qin, its a Jun De Hu using Dou Qing Ni clay. It is a very well made teapot. It is also quite beautiful as well as functional. I've been using it on shengs aged 5 years or more. I tested it out to see how much it mutes bitterness with a Fuhai ban zhang cake and it took the edge off while making it taste butter smooth.
User avatar
pantry
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 am
Location: California

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:25 pm

klepto wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:49 pm
Chris wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:22 pm
I have one of the YZG DCQ pots made by Shen Ye Qin. I've been using it with early 2000s sheng and am very happy with it; the tea is smooth, full, and sweet every time. It's almost effortless.

Others here know more than me but I'm very satisfied with my experience. I haven't used a Yinchen DCQ pot, so I can't offer a point of comparison there.
I have a one of their pots made by Shen Ye Qin, its a Jun De Hu using Dou Qing Ni clay. It is a very well made teapot. It is also quite beautiful as well as functional. I've been using it on shengs aged 5 years or more. I tested it out to see how much it mutes bitterness with a Fuhai ban zhang cake and it took the edge off while making it taste butter smooth.
@gregcss

I also have Shen Ye Qin’s dou qing ni and DCQ pots, and yinchen’s DCQ. The price reflects the craftsmanship. I like the dou qing ni pot for fresh sheng puerh (1-4 years). The DCQ pot is very versatile.
User avatar
klepto
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:35 pm

pantry wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:25 pm

I also have Shen Ye Qin’s dou qing ni and DCQ pots, and yinchen’s DCQ. The price reflects the craftsmanship. I like the dou qing ni pot for fresh sheng puerh (1-4 years). The DCQ pot is very versatile.
hey pantry, what's new? I find myself staring at that pot, sometimes it looks grey other times slightly green. I mentioned to them that they need some smaller 90-100ml pots.

Every time I go to zishaartgallery, the half english/half chinese site just throws me off so I never buy anything. I don't want to rely on google translate :mrgreen:
gregcss
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Virginia, US

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:53 pm

@klepto
@pantry
Thanks for the input :)
User avatar
pantry
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 am
Location: California

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:48 pm

klepto wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:35 pm
pantry wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:25 pm

I also have Shen Ye Qin’s dou qing ni and DCQ pots, and yinchen’s DCQ. The price reflects the craftsmanship. I like the dou qing ni pot for fresh sheng puerh (1-4 years). The DCQ pot is very versatile.
hey pantry, what's new? I find myself staring at that pot, sometimes it looks grey other times slightly green. I mentioned to them that they need some smaller 90-100ml pots.

Every time I go to zishaartgallery, the half english/half chinese site just throws me off so I never buy anything. I don't want to rely on google translate :mrgreen:
I have a Dou Qing Ni in 100ml!! Love my pot but am actually the opposite —wanting something bigger 😂 Maybe you and I can trade haha

I think this little green pot makes the best fresh sheng puerh so far. Better than any other pots I have. I just wish it’s a tad bigger!
User avatar
klepto
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:19 pm

pantry wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:48 pm
I have a Dou Qing Ni in 100ml!! Love my pot but am actually the opposite —wanting something bigger 😂 Maybe you and I can trade haha

I think this little green pot makes the best fresh sheng puerh so far. Better than any other pots I have. I just wish it’s a tad bigger!
I'd like yours and mine :D. I'm going to test your theory and try some 2020 bohetang huangpian with it.
User avatar
TeaTotaling
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:08 pm
Location: Ohio

Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 am

@gregcss YZG all day, in my opinion.

@klepto regarding ZAG, email them if you have questions! They are incredibly helpful.
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC
Contact:

Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:56 pm

I recently received two pots from my aunt in China. Pot 1 was purchased early 2000s during some chinese art show. Pot 2 was purchased much earlier, She doesn't remember when or the circumstances (she is in her 70s).

I think pot 1 was clearly wheel thrown. Maybe a cz.

I was wondering if i could get some expert thoughts on these pots. Thank you for your help!

Pot 1:

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Pot 2:

Image


Image


Image


Image


Image
Last edited by LeoFox on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:44 pm

@LeoFox 1 looks indeed like some sort of modern Chaozhou.

Pot 2 no older than late 80/90s in my opinion.
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC
Contact:

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:49 pm

Bok wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:44 pm
LeoFox 1 looks indeed like some sort of modern Chaozhou.

Pot 2 no older than late 80/90s in my opinion.
Any idea what kind of clay for pot2?
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:56 pm

LeoFox wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:49 pm
Bok wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:44 pm
LeoFox 1 looks indeed like some sort of modern Chaozhou.

Pot 2 no older than late 80/90s in my opinion.
Any idea what kind of clay for pot2?
Looks like modern Hongni.
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC
Contact:

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Bok wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:56 pm
LeoFox wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:49 pm
Bok wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:44 pm
LeoFox 1 looks indeed like some sort of modern Chaozhou.

Pot 2 no older than late 80/90s in my opinion.
Any idea what kind of clay for pot2?
Looks like modern Hongni.
Thanks! Maybe i will try it with yan cha
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:06 am

LeoFox wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:21 pm
Bok wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:56 pm
LeoFox wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:49 pm


Any idea what kind of clay for pot2?
Looks like modern Hongni.
Thanks! Maybe i will try it with yan cha
Looks a bit too thick walled for Yancha.
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:18 am

@LeoFox actually, I want to revise my assessment: if pot A is Chaozhou it does not look like pure Chaozhou clay, more like some modern clay that could be anything.

Same for pot B, what I meant by modern Hongni is that “who knows what’s in there, non descript red clay”
Post Reply