Western facing F1 vendors list

Tyler

Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:34 pm

Sleepy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:31 pm
Hi, I’ve read quite a bit on this forum and I know ZAG is recommended but the site is not secure. Does anyone know if it has always been that way?

I have been hunting for a new pot and ZAG definitely has the most comprehensive collection I have seen (on sites I can navigate) but being non-secure has me hesitant. I know you don’t input credit card info there, but still...
You should be fine if you checkout with Paypal, when you click the button you can check that you're connected to paypal.com over HTTPS
Sleepy

Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:43 am

Andrew S wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:56 pm
Sleepy wrote:
Hi, I’ve read quite a bit on this forum and I know ZAG is recommended but the site is not secure. Does anyone know if it has always been that way?

I have been hunting for a new pot and ZAG definitely has the most comprehensive collection I have seen (on sites I can navigate) but being non-secure has me hesitant. I know you don’t input credit card info there, but still...
I assume (but can't remember) that it's always been that way. I don't think it's a particularly 'modern' website.

I've had no issues with them. They're not cheap, but that's to be expected. Be mindful of things like taxes and duties relevant to your location as well.

That said, I've only ever dealt with them by email, using the website to see what they have. I suggest doing the same, even if your pot has a listed price.

(and by "new pot", I assume you mean "new old pot" - presumably, there are other places for brand-new pots, but they might have some too)

Andrew
Yes my pot has a price. I’m much too intimidated by the no-price listings :D They have such pretty pots there but since my funds are not bottomless I don’t want to bother asking. I feel that if the price was within my range to pay, then it would be listed.

And yes, sorry, I meant new for me :lol: There are quite a few places these days for new pots but this time I’m after something old.
Sleepy

Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:47 am

Bok wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:17 pm
Definitely legitimate, just a case of an outdated website. Remember pot collecting is in an old man's game in Asia :lol:
I’m such and old soul that calling it old man’s game makes pot collecting sound distinguished :lol:
Sleepy

Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:48 am

Tyler wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:34 pm
Sleepy wrote:

You should be fine if you checkout with Paypal, when you click the button you can check that you're connected to paypal.com over HTTPS
Thank you all for your help :) I feel better about the website and will definitely be ordering a pot from them soon
Briarward
New user

Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:50 am

Has anyone here heard about Tommaso Chiappo selling F1 teapots and whether he is a reputable dealer. I’m new to pots and have been burnt before.
I am grateful for the links provided. Thank you very much
.m.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:23 pm

Briarward wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:50 am
Has anyone here heard about Tommaso Chiappo selling F1 teapots and whether he is a reputable dealer. I’m new to pots and have been burnt before.
I am grateful for the links provided. Thank you very much
This is his Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Gongfucha
He often gets his pots checked on the Yixing Teapot Marks FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1133936 ... 250041363/
Briarward
New user

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:16 am

Hi I asked on facebook and lots of people said he is genuine. Hopefully he opens a website soon.
Balthazar

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:22 pm

Not sure what one means by "genuine" in this context. Don't know the person in question (though I've seen many of his post in the mentioned group), probably a nice guy with a strong interest in teapots, and not a deliberate scammer or anything like that. But your enthusiasm for something doesn't necessarily match your knowledge about it (the former can develop instantly, the latter takes time, effort and access to resources, people and pots). I would think carefully about where I'd spend my money, and probably factor in the mentioned FB group pot verification part pretty heavily.