Yixing

User avatar
Youzi
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:03 pm
Location: Shaxi, Yunnan, China
Contact:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Mark-S wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:14 pm
Balthazar wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:21 am
Base seal reads "Copy of Shanghai Museum".
That's new to me. I only knew that museum shops in the US sold Yixing pots.

-

This is a pot made by female potter Pei Hedi (裴荷娣) and calligrapher Shi Quan (石泉) in 2002. It's not worth much... but I like the style. ;)

@.m. That's a nice one :)
Image
Looks not bad. Is it full hand?
User avatar
Balthazar
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:52 pm

@Mark-S: Here's another one with the "上海博物馆复制" seal. According to that poster:
据了解为上海博物馆在80年代中期向厂内定制,具纪念价值和研究价值
... but no idea about whether or not it's correct.

And some nicer ones with that seal: 1, 2
Mark-S
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Location: Germany

Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm

@Youzi

Looks like semi handmade to me. Similar to some F1 pots, I own. What do you think?

@Balthazar

That's very interesting :o Thanks! I thought that these museum pots were always trash.
Attachments
IMG_20210607_205357-01.jpeg
IMG_20210607_205357-01.jpeg (127.66 KiB) Viewed 458 times
IMG_20210607_205519-01.jpeg
IMG_20210607_205519-01.jpeg (342.57 KiB) Viewed 458 times
User avatar
Balthazar
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:35 pm

Mark-S wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm
Balthazar

That's very interesting :o Thanks! I thought that these museum pots were always trash.
The one I bought might still be :mrgreen:

It's certainly crude in terms of workmanship, but I hope it brews a decent cup.
Mark-S
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Location: Germany

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:23 pm

I don't know if this happens to you too but whenever I buy a shape I've never seen before after some days the same shape is posted on Instagram or Facebook. Like they knew I needed a similar pot for comparison :D

Photo: https://m.facebook.com/groups/365818050 ... 741286865/
Attachments
IMG_20210610_001809.jpg
IMG_20210610_001809.jpg (336.22 KiB) Viewed 378 times
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 4371
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Mark-S wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:23 pm
I don't know if this happens to you too but whenever I buy a shape I've never seen before after some days the same shape is posted on Instagram or Facebook. Like they knew I needed a similar pot for comparison :D
I think this has to do with that we only notice some things after we've focused attention to it elsewhere. Maybe you've seen them before but did not care. Like when newly becoming parents suddenly notice all the baby and kids stuff they couldn't give a rats a... about before.
DailyTX
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:43 pm
Location: Northern California

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:51 pm

Bok wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 pm
Mark-S wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:23 pm
I don't know if this happens to you too but whenever I buy a shape I've never seen before after some days the same shape is posted on Instagram or Facebook. Like they knew I needed a similar pot for comparison :D
I think this has to do with that we only notice some things after we've focused attention to it elsewhere. Maybe you've seen them before but did not care. Like when newly becoming parents suddenly notice all the baby and kids stuff they couldn't give a rats a... about before.
+1 @Bok

I find myself paying more attention to details when the pot is in my hand. Some F1 pots I have duplicates, that’s when I appreciate one more than the other lol
User avatar
OCTO
Posts: 973
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 am

Bok wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 pm
Mark-S wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:23 pm
I don't know if this happens to you too but whenever I buy a shape I've never seen before after some days the same shape is posted on Instagram or Facebook. Like they knew I needed a similar pot for comparison :D
I think this has to do with that we only notice some things after we've focused attention to it elsewhere. Maybe you've seen them before but did not care. Like when newly becoming parents suddenly notice all the baby and kids stuff they couldn't give a rats a... about before.
+1 @Bok
Mark-S
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Location: Germany

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:09 am

Bok wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 pm
I think this has to do with that we only notice some things after we've focused attention to it elsewhere. Maybe you've seen them before but did not care. Like when newly becoming parents suddenly notice all the baby and kids stuff they couldn't give a rats a... about before.
I guess this makes sense. At least, I would not have noticed this green one because normally, I just skip blue and green pots.

@DailyTX It's the same for me. :)
olivierd
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:20 am
Location: Paris, France

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:09 am

Mark-S wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm


Image
I'm not sure why there are some many marked lines in the pot, anyone to comment please.
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 4371
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:42 am

olivierd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:09 am
Mark-S wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm


Image
I'm not sure why there are some many marked lines in the pot, anyone to comment please.
Tool marks. Look at a youtube how they make Yixing and it makes sense.
olivierd
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:20 am
Location: Paris, France

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:33 am

Would that be the fully hand made way of doing ?
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 4371
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:47 am

olivierd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:33 am
Would that be the fully hand made way of doing ?
No
Mark-S
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Location: Germany

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 am

olivierd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:33 am
Would that be the fully hand made way of doing ?
Semi handmade
User avatar
Youzi
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:03 pm
Location: Shaxi, Yunnan, China
Contact:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:40 am

olivierd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:33 am
Would that be the fully hand made way of doing ?
Can be both.
Post Reply