Yixing

Bok

Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:40 pm

@Chadrinkincat of course.

It all boils down to how well one knows and trusts the person selling.

@DailyTX stellar reputation for antiques, western accessible? Only Zisha Art gallery comes to mind. But no ROC hongni in perfect condition incl shipping to be found there for that price :)
DailyTX

Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Bok wrote:
Chadrinkincat of course.

DailyTX stellar reputation for antiques, western accessible? Only Zisha Art gallery comes to mind. But no ROC hongni in perfect condition incl shipping to be found there for that price :)
@Bok
Haha I should have guessed that Zisha Art Gallery. I think my issue with them is no price listed for their antique pot, so hard to compare pricing.
Bok

Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:23 pm

DailyTX wrote:
Bok wrote:
Chadrinkincat of course.

DailyTX stellar reputation for antiques, western accessible? Only Zisha Art gallery comes to mind. But no ROC hongni in perfect condition incl shipping to be found there for that price :)
Bok
Haha I should have guessed that Zisha Art Gallery. I think my issue with them is no price listed for their antique pot, so hard to compare pricing.
At a certain level of antiquity, prices are in flux... also will depend who’s asking :)

Also what to compare it with? Designs and qualities are multiple, not one is alike to another.

The other strategy is to just put outrageous price like The Chinese Teashop does ;)
DailyTX

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:21 pm

Bok wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:23 pm
DailyTX wrote:
Bok wrote:
Chadrinkincat of course.

Bok
At a certain level of antiquity, prices are in flux... also will depend who’s asking :)

Also what to compare it with? Designs and qualities are multiple, not one is alike to another.

The other strategy is to just put outrageous price like The Chinese Teashop does ;)
I guess you really need to build a relationship with those antique dealers in order to get a decent price. It’s like buy tea in China, you walk in to the shop, speak the same language, you get a price. You walk in to the shop with someone who has a relationship with the shop, you get another price. You walk in to the shop speak English, you get rip off like crazy :D
Bok

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 pm

DailyTX wrote:
I guess you really need to build a relationship with those antique dealers in order to get a decent price.
Unfortunately, that means buying a lot from them before haha... But back to ZAG, I have a friend who bought quite a bit from them, so I have little doubts about their integrity.
DailyTX

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Bok wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 pm
DailyTX wrote:
I guess you really need to build a relationship with those antique dealers in order to get a decent price.
Unfortunately, that means buying a lot from them before haha... But back to ZAG, I have a friend who bought quite a bit from them, so I have little doubts about their integrity.
I am glad to hear they are known for their integrity. Now, just need to raise some funds, add them to my Asian travel route ;)