longjing vendor tips?

wave_code

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:01 am

Qingming is just around the corner maybe I am actually a bit late for this since I get the impression a lot of the better stuff tends to be pre-order based or sells out VERY fast... so if I am not already too late for this season - anyone got any vendor recommendations for longjing?

Its been a few years since I have had any longjing, but its one of the first higher quality teas I got hooked on and the early spring warmth here seems to be bringing on a craving for something green.
Victoria
Admin

Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 pm

The best Long Jing I’ve had was from TeaHabitat, Crystal White Long Jing. That one was expensive and very high quality. She has 2019 stock that just arrived, haven’t tried it yet, the price is 1/3 the price of the one I got.
Bok
Vendor

Thu May 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Qingming Holiday is in April, so Pre-qingming is gone in Asia. Might just have arrived to the West for some shops, though probably more likely Post- Qingming ;)

But then I doubt that those rules are still holding in times of changing climate...
Balthazar

Sun May 12, 2019 3:49 am

It's been a few years since I ordered any Long Jing, but last time I did I ordered from Jing Tea Shop and was very happy with what I got (my impression of the teas offered by Jing Tea Shop in general has always been very good). I think what I ordered was the Shi Feng Long Jing. They also have an extremely affordable version from the third harvest which I haven't tried but am tempted to pick up as a daily drinker at the office.
swordofmytriumph

Sun May 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Victoria wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 pm
The best Long Jing I’ve had was from TeaHabitat, Crystal White Long Jing. That one was expensive and very high quality. She has 2019 stock that just arrived, haven’t tried it yet, the price is 1/3 the price of the one I got.
I just got some of this, and I really liked it.