Bao Zhong

plamarca000

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:35 am

Any recommendations for a vendor for Bao Zhong?
d.manuk

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:01 am

If you are looking for a green one I highly recommend: http://www.tea-masters.com/en/wenshan-b ... zhong.html
Victoria
Admin

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Floating leaves is known for its high quality BaoZhong.
There is no self

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:55 am

I had very good Bao Zhong from TaiwanTeaCrafts. This one in particular: https://www.taiwanteacrafts.com/product ... pring-tea/
Elise

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm

There is no self wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:55 am
I had very good Bao Zhong from TaiwanTeaCrafts. This one in particular: https://www.taiwanteacrafts.com/product ... pring-tea/
+ 1

I would recommend the competition grades which are really good stuff.
TeaZero

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:25 pm

I also vote for Teawan Tea Crafts. Very decent quality and the price is ok!
plamarca000

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:14 pm

Thanks everyone. I went with a few different kinds of it from Taiwan Tea Crafts.
LuckyMe

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Any recommendations for spring 2019 baozhong? I heard this harvest isn't very promising due to bad weather in Taiwan. I tried one baozhong (from baguashan not wenshan) but it was pretty lousy. TTC is sold out and a lot of other vendors don't have it on stock. Can anyone share their experiences with this season's baozhong?
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:48 pm

LuckyMe wrote:
Any recommendations for spring 2019 baozhong? I heard this harvest isn't very promising due to bad weather in Taiwan. I tried one baozhong (from baguashan not wenshan) but it was pretty lousy. TTC is sold out and a lot of other vendors don't have it on stock. Can anyone share their experiences with this season's baozhong?
I cannot talk about Baozhong, but I have a suggestion: If you have some gaoshan, try steeping it quickly. For me, the brew from quick steeping such tea gives much of the experience of baozhong. For what I have, Perfect, seems the most like baozhong. It comes from a height of Shanlanxi not as much higher to the height that baozhong comes from, as the growing areas of Dayuling or Fushoushan.

So again, I suggest quickly steeping some gaoshan that you have on hand. If you have tasted high-mountain oolong and did not like it, please tell us what put you off. It might help me & others find a tea for you that gives you what you want (if you cannot find a Baozhong).
Tillerman
Vendor

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:09 pm

LuckyMe wrote:
The bad weather did compromise the harvest but some excellent tea can be found. The real problem is that there is not a whole lot of it and this is especially true for bao zhong. I could not obtain a reasonable quantity of high quality bao zhong so I did not carry any at Tillerman this spring . A source that does have good bao zhong, however, is Floating Leaves. Check their website https://floatingleaves.com/collections/light-oolong; Shiuwen and Noah sell high quality products. (Too bad TTC is out; they too carry excellent tea.)
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Second Floating Leaves Bao Zhong. What is TTC?
Bok
Vendor

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 pm

Ethan Kurland wrote:
If you have some gaoshan, try steeping it quickly. For me, the brew from quick steeping such tea gives much of the experience of baozhong. For what I have, Perfect, seems the most like baozhong.
That is an excellent suggestion! Not for me, as I prefer the opposite :mrgreen:

Ethan Kurland wrote:
It comes from a height of Shanlanxi
If you don't mind me saying, it is spelled Shanlinxi (杉林溪)
Tea naming is confusing enough as it is :P
Tillerman
Vendor

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:42 pm

@Victoria TTC = Taiwan Tea Crafts. Chen Yuwen and Philip Brook.
Baisao

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:23 am

That’s a reasonable suggestion, @Ethan Kurland. I think the only thing that would be missing is the spice flavor of baozhong, which I rarely if ever find with gaoshan.
LuckyMe

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 am

Tillerman wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:09 pm
LuckyMe wrote:
The bad weather did compromise the harvest but some excellent tea can be found. The real problem is that there is not a whole lot of it and this is especially true for bao zhong. I could not obtain a reasonable quantity of high quality bao zhong so I did not carry any at Tillerman this spring . A source that does have good bao zhong, however, is Floating Leaves. Check their website https://floatingleaves.com/collections/light-oolong; Shiuwen and Noah sell high quality products. (Too bad TTC is out; they too carry excellent tea.)
Thanks, appreciate the fact that you have high standards for sourcing your tea. Explains why I didn't see it on your site. :) I ended up ordering mine from Mountain Stream Teas...will see how that turns out.

Floating Leaves does indeed have some excellent baozhong - I liked both their Competition and Standard grade stuff when I tried it a while back.