Valley Brook Tea

Kale

Mon May 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Just had a very good experience with a recent purchase from Valley Brook Tea—a new vendor in the U.S., and it seems like a good idea to share.
According to the owner (which was very nice and responsive through Facebook), they are a Fujian based supplier of Fujian teas (yancha, whites, and blacks) that have been mostly working with stores in France and the U.S. They decided to open a B2C operation in the U.S after one of them moved to VA late last year.

I received from them a lovely Bai Ji Guan and a very good RouGui. They will soon restock some more interesting stuff, such as Tieluan and their signature DHP, that were sold out.

You can find them on https://www.valleybrooktea.com
They also have an insightful and interesting blog on tea making and tea processing at https://www.valleybrooktea.com/blog
Last edited by Kale on Mon May 07, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bok
Vendor

Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Their instant pour over tea set is actually nothing more than a Japanese coffee pour over...
Those things are all the craze now in Taiwan, China and a bit longer ago, Japan.
Kale

Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Bok wrote:
Their instant pour over tea set is actually nothing more than a Japanese coffee pour over...
Those things are all the craze now in Taiwan, China and a bit longer ago, Japan.
But does it make good tea?? :D
To be honest, I never thought about using pour over with tea. I don't really see the point. But if this is the craze then certainly it deserves a spot!
Bok
Vendor

Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Kale wrote:
Bok wrote:
To be honest, I never thought about using pour over with tea. I don't really see the point. But if this is the craze then certainly it deserves a spot!
The craze is about making coffee of course, this kind of pour over is less than ideal for tea, I do not want any paper between my cup of tea and me!

There is one guy in Taiwan who is famous for brewing tea with a Syphoon set (also normally for coffee), but no idea if the tea is any good. It is however a superior tool for making coffee, way better than pour over or any machine.
valleybrooktea

Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Kale wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 5:54 pm
Just had a very good experience with a recent purchase from Valley Brook Tea—a new vendor in the U.S., and it seems like a good idea to share.
According to the owner (which was very nice and responsive through Facebook), they are a Fujian based supplier of Fujian teas (yancha, whites, and blacks) that have been mostly working with stores in France and the U.S. They decided to open a B2C operation in the U.S after one of them moved to VA late last year.

I received from them a lovely Bai Ji Guan and a very good RouGui. They will soon restock some more interesting stuff, such as Tieluan and their signature DHP, that were sold out.

You can find them on https://www.valleybrooktea.com
They also have an insightful and interesting blog on tea making and tea processing at https://www.valleybrooktea.com/blog
Hello, thank you very much for your kind review and recommendation! Happy to know you enjoy our tea products. :D
valleybrooktea

Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Bok wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 pm
Kale wrote:
Bok wrote:
The craze is about making coffee of course, this kind of pour over is less than ideal for tea, I do not want any paper between my cup of tea and me!

There is one guy in Taiwan who is famous for brewing tea with a Syphoon set (also normally for coffee), but no idea if the tea is any good. It is however a superior tool for making coffee, way better than pour over or any machine.
Hello Bok,

Thank your for checking out our pour over tea set.

Despite sharing similar ideas as pour over coffee, pour over tea actually makes sense for tea in many ways. It makes more tea quickly in one go while retain the same quality of tea. Of course, not all teas work with the pour over concept. Only high quality 冲泡茶 (meaning teas do no need to be steeped, for example black tea and Wu-Yi oolong rock tea) would work with the pour over set. We designed this pour over set for customers and businesses that need a faster tea brewing set that could make enough tea for multiple people in a relatively short time.

Different from how pour over coffee works, pour over tea requires a slower and smaller water infusion. The key part in our pour over tea set is actually the quality of tea, no the tea set itself. Good tea produces flavor and aroma instantly, thus making it ideal for our pour over set.

Thank you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to email us contact@valleybrooktea.com.

Sincerely,
Valley Brook Tea Team
Bok
Vendor

Fri May 25, 2018 8:10 pm

valleybrooktea wrote:
We designed this pour over set for customers and businesses that need a faster tea brewing set that could make enough tea for multiple people in a relatively short time.

Different from how pour over coffee works, pour over tea requires a slower and smaller water infusion. The key part in our pour over tea set is actually the quality of tea, no the tea set itself. Good tea produces flavor and aroma instantly, thus making it ideal for our pour over set.

Thank you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to email us contact@valleybrooktea.com.

Sincerely,
Valley Brook Tea Team
What part did you actually design, apart from the leaf? That set is virtually identical to what I can buy in Taiwan and Japan in a multitude of shops, including the big shopping malls...
valleybrooktea

Fri May 25, 2018 9:28 pm

Bok wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:10 pm
valleybrooktea wrote:
We designed this pour over set for customers and businesses that need a faster tea brewing set that could make enough tea for multiple people in a relatively short time.

Sincerely,
Valley Brook Tea Team
What part did you actually design, apart from the leaf? That set is virtually identical to what I can buy in Taiwan and Japan in a multitude of shops, including the big shopping malls...
Hello Bok,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand your question. Actually, besides our tea mountains in the Wu-Yi mountains, Sanming and Fuqing, we also participate in producing and OEM tea sets and tools. Most of our wares are made in Dehua, Quanzhou, Fujian and Tong'an, Xiamen, Fujian. Many of our products are then branded and distributed by various businesses/vendors online and internationally. We do not doubt that you can find those products in Taiwan, Japan or any other markets. If you're interested, we're happy to help you confirm whether the sets you saw are actually made by us or by the our associates and partners. The real-leaf filter is one of our new tea-related products. We also make it for other companies. We expect you'll soon see this type of real-leaf filters on the market.

Tea is a one of our businesses and Valley Brook Tea is our new brand in the U.S.. In China, we are also in manufacturing, publishing and traditional Chinese arts&crafts. If you are interested in learning more about the scope and the depth of our businesses, we're happy to provide you with more details. For further discussion on this topic, we encourage you to email us at contact@valleybrooktea.com.

Thank you very much for your interest. Please also find us on Instagram @valleybrooktea and visit our tea blogs: valleybrooktea.com/blog.

Sincerely,
Valley Brook Tea Team