Pek Sin Choon (Singapore)

Bok
Vendor

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:52 am

Anyone ever tried their teas? A recent instagram post from Qipottery got me curious. They have some lovely old school packagings, apparently they are the oldest tea merchant in Singapore.

A quick search hints to them having more mid-low end teas (?)
Shipping is expensive though, randomly putting a few things in the bucket, shipping is mostly more expensive than the tea itself!

Thanks to the tea cloud for any opinions!
tealifehk
Vendor

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:46 am

Their standard grade stuff...you don't want. Don't bother. I only ever bought their cheap stuff three years ago: four or five varieties. Most of it is still sitting in glass jars. The teas were too rough for me to want to drink them reguarly. With bak kut teh or other food, they would be fine since they would have plenty of flavor to cut through fatty food. If you're into tea, though, they aren't what you want at all IMO.

Their higher end stuff is supposed to be good...according to wyardley on TeaChat. The higher end stuff isn't cheap, and I was skeptical about spending more without sitting down and trying the more expensive teas with the owner (who was busy with someone else).
Bok
Vendor

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 am

Cheers for that! Guess with the exorbitant shipping it will stay something to only try if I ever get to Singapore.
tealifehk
Vendor

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:41 am

Bok wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 am
Cheers for that! Guess with the exorbitant shipping it will stay something to only try if I ever get to Singapore.
Yep, the shipping kept me away from ordering. I guess I could always send some to my sister's address if I want to try the higher end stuff (she lives in SG)!