Yunnan Sourcing website: .com vs .us

Craig

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:39 pm

After reading great stuff about Yunnan Sourcing I made my first purchase from yunnansourcing.com last week. I realized at the time the package would be coming from China so no worries there. Afterward, I somehow learned there is a US based version of the site, yunnansourcing.us, that appears to ship orders from the US instead of China. The inventories and prices between the two sites are not an exact match. My login credentials from the '.com' site don't work on the '.us' site.

I'm a bit confused over why there are two sites and which one I should consider my 'goto' for Yunnan Sourcing. I am based in the US. I was hoping one of you smart folks could shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance!
Ragamuffin
Artisan

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:53 pm

They have two separate sites, .com ships from China and .us from the U.S.

The China site has a larger selection and lower prices, but shipping is longer/more expensive to the U.S.

The U.S. site has a smaller selection and higher prices, but shipping is cheaper/faster to the U.S.

I am U.S. based and order from both sites, depending on what I want/am ordering
mrmopu

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Ragamuffin wrote:
They have two separate sites, .com ships from China and .us from the U.S.

The China site has a larger selection and lower prices, but shipping is longer/more expensive to the U.S.

The U.S. site has a smaller selection and higher prices, but shipping is cheaper/faster to the U.S.

I am U.S. based and order from both sites, depending on what I want/am ordering
Seconded. No worries from either side. US side does do free shipping after $75.00 I think. It comes from Oregon.
Rui

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:55 am

Ragamuffin wrote:
US site sometimes has teas that are no longer available in the international site and vice versa.

People outside US will need to get a friend in US to order from the US site which has happened to me when ordering a LBZ sheng cake which was no longer available in the international site.
Craig

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks for the replies, folks! After I posted here I stumbled upon the Yunnan Sourcing Fans Facebook group amd also asked there. Scott Wilson replied with this video answer which I’m sharing here in case others are curios about the two web sites: