Teapot/Teaware stores in Taiwan

runefactory

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 pm

Hello! I've been looking around the forum to see if there are any good teaware stores in Taipei/Yingge and was wondering if anyone have any recommendations. I know that purion is a big thing and Lin's ceramic seems to be a good place and was wondering if there are any other places that people would recommend -- maybe some new stores that haven't been mentioned yet?
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

Yinge is fun for visiting many many shops. Prices start at almost nothing. Red clay unglazed teapots that cost almost nothing are probably mass-produced in China or Vietnam, but you may want 1 or 2 to play with after thoroughly washing. I think you will do well making decisions based on your reaction to products, not the name of the store; however, some members may give you the reply that you requested.

I was happy there on the purchase of small amounts of black tea & pu erh that were good & affordable & a teapot of common shape & Taiwanese clay. I chose a pot that was unglazed inside & glazed outside. Used w/ pleasure for several years until I dropped it.

Enjoy some hours there & the museum that is near the train station.
runefactory

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

Thanks for your response! By any chance, do you also know the name of the store for the tea or even the tea that you bought? Would love to get some more ideas, I have a list but would like to add more since it's not that often that I come to Taiwan
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:02 am

I loose don't know the name of stores in Yinge. Near the train station & museum was a shop selling teapots & pu-erh which I liked. Couple there was old. Coming into the main street of shops selling ceramics on the left side, a small shop had local made teapots where I bought one & some delicious black tea. A cup of that tea was given to me free which was great on a cold December day.

I strongly suggest just walking. There are some surprises. Some shops which could exploit tourists did not. They had honest information about their ceramics & teas & not extremely high prices.

From Taipei you can take a train very cheaply or a bus. People on bus are helpful.