PathofCha

Deli

Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:14 pm

Hi everyone,

What are your opinions on the quality/authenticity of their teas, teaware, as well as the information they put out via their blog and youtube videos? They work with a woman named Boyka who claims to have studied tea in China, and she does seem quite knowledgeable, but that may be only to a beginner like myself.

Any input would be appreciated.
Bok
Vendor

Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:08 pm

Teaware looks of generic quality. Tea I can't say, but the pure amount of variety, combined with claiming to be a small operation lets me think those are generic too.

Only way to find out is trying and comparing for yourself.
Deli

Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:59 pm

Bok wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:08 pm
Teaware looks of generic quality. Tea I can't say, but the pure amount of variety, combined with claiming to be a small operation lets me think those are generic too.

Only way to find out is trying and comparing for yourself.
Hey Bok, thanks for the reply. When you say their teaware looks to be generic quality, what do you expect about the authenticity of say their yixing teapots? Is their zhuni teapot likely to be real zhuni?
Bok
Vendor

Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:41 pm

Deli wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:59 pm
Hey Bok, thanks for the reply. When you say their teaware looks to be generic quality, what do you expect about the authenticity of say their yixing teapots? Is their zhuni teapot likely to be real zhuni?
For generic teaware I don't expect anything and wouldn't take any claim at face value. The Duanni in particular does not look like authentic Duanni at all... I'd skip