Japanese Vendors

Noonie

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 am

My go-to vendors are Maiko, O-Cha and Thes Du Japon.

I tried a few others but didn’t find their quality to price ratio on par with these vendors.

Any other vendors worth considering?
debunix

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:24 am

I'm drinking an infusion of Kanayamidori sencha from O-Cha, a marvelous first infusion that is *just right*, and it's hard to imagine anything better while in the midst of it. But....after my friend Cal recently brought me a rather random selection of teas from a tasting exposition in Tokyo, apparently meant to introduce consumers directly to small independent producers, especially of organic teas; and my trip to Japan, especially to Obubu Tea Farm; I know that there are a lot more different teas being produced that are not included in the offerings from O-Cha or Dens or Yuuki-Cha (the various places I've ordered Japanese teas from). Right now, however, as a result of Cal's offerings and my trip, I have a surfeit of Japanese teas, and it will be many months before I'm ready to restock.

But I do want to join Obubu's 'Tea Club' (where they send some of each of the tea types they produce, in season, and I'd be directly supporting the farm and the people I met on my trip). And I'm going to be scouting for sources of some of the unusual and wonderful teas from the tea expo. I expect more variety of tea sources in the future, but the third infusion of Kanayamidori reminds me that I cannot omit O-Cha! So many teas, and so little time: because these mostly green teas require careful attention with each infusion, there are only so many opportunities to drink them.
d.manuk

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 am

I went to Obubu in person, but I prefer the teas I've had from O-cha.

I also think Ippodo should be included on this list.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 am
I went to Obubu in person, but I prefer the teas I've had from O-cha.

I also think Ippodo should be included on this list.
Yes to O-Cha, Maiko, Ippodo, Thes du Japón. I’ll add Hojo.
tea_twig

Tue May 08, 2018 3:41 pm

I like Horaido and Maiko.