Leafy Green Tea

harrison1986

Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:02 pm

I am having the absolute worst experience with Leefy Green Tea. I ordered on December 16. After multiple emails, they finally responded yesterday and said it should ship that day.

It did not, but even worse, they are completely non responsive again. What a rotten experience this has been. Sad that customers get treated this way. Communication and service are important to me.

Edit: Of course they reply right after I make this post. They are being helpful now. However, as I just told them, I should not have had to send them so many emails just to get a response. I think they understood that. Perhaps they have learned a lesson about better service going forward. I will give them another chance going forward.
LeoFox

Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:12 pm

I never had shipping issues from them. However I did not like their tea (roasted dong ding) and do not intend to ever order from them again. But that may just be personal preference.
Last edited by LeoFox on Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balthazar

Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:08 pm

harrison1986 wrote:
ordered on December 16
In the current year, or a previous one? Assuming we're talking 2021, and assuming the vendor has a normal work week, it's been three business days since you made your order.

Some vendors are super responsive and that's great, but it seems strange to me to make a big fuss about a vendor taking a couple of days to send out an order.

No offense intended, and I have no experience with the vendor in question.
LeoFox

Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:33 pm

Balthazar wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:08 pm
harrison1986 wrote:
ordered on December 16
In the current year, or a previous one? Assuming we're talking 2021, and assuming the vendor has a normal work week, it's been three business days since you made your order.

Some vendors are super responsive and that's great, but it seems strange to me to make a big fuss about a vendor taking a couple of days to send out an order.

No offense intended, and I have no experience with the vendor in question.
Oh I didnt realize it was only a matter of a few business days. Yeah I've been waiting for months on some orders and I havent griped about it yet hahahaha
.m.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:07 pm

It might be useful to remember that small vendors are often just people trying to make their living and perhaps having a lot of other things to do before they can rush to fulfill one's order...
Bok
Vendor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:20 pm

+1 I think a lot of people do have unreasonable expectations… on one hand you don’t want to order from big corporations like Amazon, but on the other you expect the same kind of light speed service from small operations, without a behemoth of sweat shop driven warehouses and call Centers…

Especially a few days before Christmas 🎄
harrison1986

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:22 pm

My issue was with what I *thought* was turning into a total lack of communication. My past experiences with vendors led me to believe this was happening to me again

They did get back to me though, so I was 100% wrong in thinking that they were just not going to reply at all.

Knowing how wrong I was, I was afraid to come back to this thread until just now actually.

But, I must say Dan over at Yuuki cha is way more responsive with communication.

Interesting that you didn't like their tea @LeoFox. I will mention, on my second brew, boiling water made the Spring medium roast Dong Ding taste atrocious!

The next brew was a sweet, juicy nectar though after waiting about 30 seconds after the boil. Not saying you did anything wrong, but your experience made me think to mention this quirk that I noticed.
harrison1986

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:32 pm

LeoFox wrote:
I never had shipping issues from them. However I did not like their tea (roasted dong ding) and do not intend to ever order from them again. But that may just be personal preference.
May I ask, who do you order Dong Ding from now?

I have not found this tea to be as compelling (yet) as everyone who used to rave about this in the forums (HY Chen). I still have a heavy and light roast to try, but wanted to get a vendor recommendation in case those are also disappointing.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:00 pm

harrison1986 wrote:

I have not found this tea to be as compelling (yet) as everyone who used to rave about this in the forums (HY Chen). I still have a heavy and light roast to try, but wanted to get a vendor recommendation in case those are also disappointing.
I have not ordered from LeafyGreen so cannot comment, although it’s been suggested, 2nd and 3rd hand, that possibly the way they store HY Chen’s tea may degrade it, and or that they get 2nd tier DD from Chen which is not produced by him. Again, I’ve not ordered from them so have no 1st hand experience. If you are looking for high quality Dong Ding, shipped directly from the US, I can highly recommend (from direct experience) first Tillerman Tea and secondly Floating Leaves. Outside the US you can order directly from HY Chen via his web site or FB. His oolong, which he farms and produces, in my opinion and many others, is AAA excellent 🍃.
harrison1986

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Victoria wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:00 pm
harrison1986 wrote:

I have not ordered from LeafyGreen so cannot comment, although it’s been suggested, 2nd and 3rd hand, that possibly the way they store HY Chen’s tea may degrade it, and or that they get 2nd tier DD from Chen which is not produced by him. Again, I’ve not ordered from them so have no 1st hand experience. If you are looking for high quality Dong Ding, shipped directly from the US, I can highly recommend (from direct experience) first Tillerman Tea and secondly Floating Leaves. Outside the US you can order directly from HY Chen via his web site or FB. His oolong, which he farms and produces, in my opinion and many others, is AAA excellent 🍃.
I can tell you for a fact, my gastrointestinal system did not like this tea, and therefore I am afraid to try this tea again. There was nothing else that could have caused it either. My experience somewhat confirms what you have heard, perhaps. Think I will look to the vendors you mentioned.

Tillerman looked a bit expensive for my tastes, but I will look at him again, along with Floating Leaves. Thanks for all of the great info.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:08 pm

harrison1986 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Tillerman looked a bit expensive for my tastes, but I will look at him again, along with Floating Leaves. Thanks for all of the great info.
Tillerman sells his oolong at surprisingly low profit margins. For very high quality to value ratio - you probably won’t find a better US based vendor. I forgot to mention Ethan Kurland who also sells oolong directly from Boston, I don’t think Dong Ding, but for sure High Mountain and Black oolong.
LeoFox

Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm

harrison1986 wrote:
LeoFox wrote:

Laoshi from tillerman is good
Also dong ding from hojo is good

I have tried side by side of hy chen from leafy green and from hy chen direct. I will say I am not a great fan of hy chen - but the stuff from leafy green was pretty awful - and and much much worse than the stuff obtained direct.
harrison1986

Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:23 pm

LeoFox wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm
harrison1986 wrote:
LeoFox wrote:

Laoshi from tillerman is good
Also dong ding from hojo is good

I have tried side by side of hy chen from leafy green and from hy chen direct. I will say I am not a great fan of hy chen - but the stuff from leafy green was pretty awful - and and much much worse than the stuff obtained direct.
You'll hear no argument from me after the awful experience I had not long after drinking this tea. I read about this possibly being a side effect of pesticide exposure, so this stuff is potentially dangerous as well.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:41 pm

harrison1986 wrote:
You'll hear no argument from me after the awful experience I had not long after drinking this tea. I read about this possibly being a side effect of pesticide exposure, so this stuff is potentially dangerous as well.
So you know HY Chen’s teas are pesticide free with certificates. viewtopic.php?p=15100#p15100 and he continues to add every year more and more organic oolong, as well as wild pesticide free high mountain. He takes great pride in this objective. Also, last time I looked LF site doesn’t say their DD is from HY Chen. Does it now?
LeoFox

Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:56 pm

Victoria wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:41 pm
harrison1986 wrote:
So you know HY Chen’s teas are pesticide free with certificates. viewtopic.php?p=15100#p15100
Also, last time I looked LF site doesn’t say their DD is from HY Chen. Does it now?
They dont seem to say it on the site, but they confirm it is from hy chen via email