A good site for Indian teas (and Japanese)

Teaglass
New user

Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Hey all!

I'm new and I'm sure it's here somewhere but what would be a good site for Indian teas (for all types: Darjeeling, Assam and the rest)? Is there an American site to go to or should one buy directly from India? Basically I'm looking for a good quality selection of the teas just described.

The other one is Japanese teas. It was listed here somewhere that Yuuki Cha is a good site. For the overall quality is that good site to buy from? I'd like to ask before I do. Any others? Thanks!
Nis

Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:04 am

Teaglass wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:22 pm
The other one is Japanese teas. It was listed here somewhere that Yuuki Cha is a good site. For the overall quality is that good site to buy from? I'd like to ask before I do. Any others? Thanks!
For sheer size of the selection, Yunomi.life is hard to beat. Of course, that also means it can be rather overwhelming at first.
For a smaller, more curated, selection, Thés du Japon and O-Cha are both good choices. The Tea Crane also looks to be good, but there doesn't seem to be much talk about it.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:18 am

Upton Tea Imports has hundreds of Indian teas for sale. I am not saying it is the best vendor. I will say that its prices are related to quality & also that reading their print catalog can be amusing as the struggle to say something differentiating each of the listed teas from the rest is very apparent. It does sell small samples which some people find useful. Also, Upton will talk w/ customers on the phone.

At some point you might seek advice that is more specific. For example, I never found much difference between ordinary Assam & what is purportedly the best. If I had cared about Assam, I would have asked for advice here.
LeoFox

Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:05 am

I would recommend reading through this forum to get a sense of what people like and why they like them. The number of people who regularly post here and have good knowledge, extensive experience and sustained passion for japanese and indian teas is actually quite limited - especially for indian teas. By reading through the forum, you can easily identify them and then you can directly contact them if you have questions. Otherwise, I dont think you will get too many helpful answers.