Puerh Vendor Topic

mbanu

Tue May 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Pan wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:21 am
I highly reccomend, puerhjunky

https://www.puerhjunky.com/

Mr. Yang Chu Higgins is a wonderful person and has a great selection of aged cakes.
The name is a bit of a surprise -- I get the impression that many people are uncomfortable with anything that references China's historical opioid crisis. In this case it is a joke, of course, maybe that makes a difference.

Getting good sheng always seems like a struggle because of how important the storage conditions are to whether the tea will be any good.
Victoria
Admin

Tue May 18, 2021 6:09 pm

mbanu wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:05 pm
Pan wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:21 am
I highly reccomend, puerhjunky

https://www.puerhjunky.com/

Mr. Yang Chu Higgins is a wonderful person and has a great selection of aged cakes.
The name is a bit of a surprise -- I get the impression that many people are uncomfortable with anything that references China's historical opioid crisis. In this case it is a joke, of course, maybe that makes a difference.

Getting good sheng always seems like a struggle because of how important the storage conditions are to whether the tea will be any good.
Second @Pan’s endorsement. @EarthMonkey has a very large collection of puerh that has good storage. He has shared quite a few with us here during our tastings, and yes he has a special and unique sense of humor for sure.
MrKimbo
New user

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Hello ,
I am pretty new to pu'erh , i just ordered my first batch of shen pu'erh cakes and balls from ali express i specific looked for cakes with sq symbol and iso certf, all under 20 eur.And with alot of positive feedback. But i readed on forums that most of tea's are not legitimate on ali express ...they are pretty sheap to for a 375g ,2003 cake with certf and from the famous mountains and stuff for only 15 eur...else where from EU shops they sell for like over 100 euros . im looking for a legit seller that works with the factorys and sells them directly from china for good prices or are there no cheap prices if you want legit long aged cakes from the famous mountains and trees?where do you guys buy your tea's from? On other forums they recommend shops like white2tea.com and others but they are so expensive . I work full time and i got the money to buy it but it hurts my wallet i am saving for a house and my first child that is coming up :cry: ,so i am desperatly searching for a legit seller that sells them a little cheaper... Any recommendations? Much apriciated guys! Thanks in advance

Ps: i understand that most of them sell them for high prices beceause of the long ageing and labor ,i respect that
Balthazar

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:12 pm

Anything decent for USD 15 per cake with some age is nonexistent. Not in China, not anywhere else.

If you're looking for a vendor with some more budget friendly options that operates out of China and is easy to order from outside of China, then Yunnan Sourcing or King Tea Mall are good options. Not all of their offerings, but overall. Try some samples first.

Depending on your budget, aged (and/or "famous mountain") puer may not be the most wise category of tea to explore. What most would consider good from this category is not budget friendly for most people.

Saving up for a house and your first child seems like the right priority by the way! :)
LeoFox

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:21 pm

MrKimbo wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:38 pm
Hello ,
I am pretty new to pu'erh , i just ordered my first batch of shen pu'erh cakes and balls from ali express i specific looked for cakes with sq symbol and iso certf, all under 20 eur.And with alot of positive feedback. But i readed on forums that most of tea's are not legitimate on ali express ...they are pretty sheap to for a 375g ,2003 cake with certf and from the famous mountains and stuff for only 15 eur...else where from EU shops they sell for like over 100 euros . im looking for a legit seller that works with the factorys and sells them directly from china for good prices or are there no cheap prices if you want legit long aged cakes from the famous mountains and trees?where do you guys buy your tea's from? On other forums they recommend shops like white2tea.com and others but they are so expensive . I work full time and i got the money to buy it but it hurts my wallet i am saving for a house and my first child that is coming up :cry: ,so i am desperatly searching for a legit seller that sells them a little cheaper... Any recommendations? Much apriciated guys! Thanks in advance

Ps: i understand that most of them sell them for high prices beceause of the long ageing and labor ,i respect that

Have you considered Japanese greens? Very hard to beat them for quality:price and likely to be much much healthier than most pu out there - esp the cheaper ones.