Liu Bao recommendations

klepto

Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:27 am

I tried Liu Bao last night at around 1am, and at first that smell from the dry leaves had me shook but luckily the tea itself was really good.
It is very well balanced, sweet and some how I taste beets in it. The cha qi relaxed me right away and eventually tucked me into bed :D.
Every flavor was well pronounced but rounded out without any edge. Color me impressed!!
Bourder

Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:38 am

Do you have any suggestions for Liu Bao/other heicha vendors that ship painlessly and inexpensively from within EU? Some specific teas? Malaysian shipping fees are quite ridiculous for a tea that I've never even tried and the Chinese post seems to have some delays at the moment.
Andrew S

Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:15 pm

Bourder wrote:
Do you have any suggestions for Liu Bao/other heicha vendors that ship painlessly and inexpensively from within EU? Some specific teas? Malaysian shipping fees are quite ridiculous for a tea that I've never even tried and the Chinese post seems to have some delays at the moment.
Have you encountered TheTea? They are based in Poland, so hopefully that should be fairly painless for you.

I've enjoyed their wulong, but I have not tried their liubao; perhaps others around here have done so and can comment.

Andrew
Bourder

Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:55 pm

Andrew S wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:15 pm
Bourder wrote:
Have you encountered TheTea? They are based in Poland, so hopefully that should be fairly painless for you.

I've enjoyed their wulong, but I have not tried their liubao; perhaps others around here have done so and can comment.

Andrew
Yes, I've had some of their teas. The Zhengshan Xiaozhong and YaShiXiang were my favourites. The blacks are their strong point I think. I've had some misses with oolongs and puer, but I guess that happens. I think I'll just try some of their LiuBao and see if I like it. Thanks for the advice.
pepson

Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:21 am

Bourder wrote:
Hello.
Try some Czech eshops.
For example www.laoteashop.cz
Bourder

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:31 am

pepson wrote:
Bourder wrote:
Hello.
Try some Czech eshops.
Actually, I was observing their selection for a few weeks and eventually ended up placing an order with them since they've got a good variety. That should give me some idea about LiuBao. Thanks for mentioning them.
pepson

Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:46 am

Bourder wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:31 am
pepson wrote:
Bourder wrote:
Hello.
Try some Czech eshops.
Actually, I was observing their selection for a few weeks and eventually ended up placing an order with them since they've got a good variety. That should give me some idea about LiuBao. Thanks for mentioning them.
I am glad I could help you. There are days I am drinking just Hei Cha's. It always depends on actual state of mind, mood, taste etc ;)
aet
Vendor

Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:25 pm

Bourder wrote:
..... and the Chinese post seems to have some delays at the moment.
what are the current shipping times to Poland? Please share , I have a customer asking.
Thank you!
pepson

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:05 am

aet wrote:
Bourder wrote:
what are the current shipping times to Poland? Please share , I have a customer asking.
Thank you!
Hello.
According info from Chinese vendor I usually buy from, Chinese post is scanning big bulk of packages together. When they find any export banned item in any package, they will send the whole bulk of packages back. It means they do not bother themselves finding the specific "wrong" package.
May be you have got bad luck.
It happened to me once.
aet
Vendor

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:34 am

pepson wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:05 am
aet wrote:
Bourder wrote:
Thank you!
Hello.
According info from Chinese vendor I usually buy from, Chinese post is scanning big bulk of packages together. When they find any export banned item in any package, they will send the whole bulk of packages back. It means they do not bother themselves finding the specific "wrong" package.
May be you have got bad luck.
It happened to me once.
;-) yep , sometimes we have to resend it few times to pass trough. but yes, that causes delays because takes few days return to KM from GZ.
Bourder

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:37 am

@aet
To be fair, when I was writing about the delays I was talking about experience some people have had with bigger (2-3kg) parcels stuck in Chinese customs (GZ) for ~2 months. I've recently ordered half a kilo of tea and I didn't even hear from the vendor in almost 2 weeks, though maybe they just work slower, I'm not sure. It was my first time ordering tea from China, so I have no experience with that. I've been ordering other things in the past though. Last November I received my order 9 calendar days after ordering. Some packages get here in a week, though on average it should take around 14 calendar days since the seller sends out the package. Parcels rather don't get stuck in customs here in Poland, but the more valuable ones do go through customs. The address and the prices listed on the invoice should be absolutely correct, this ensures that it goes through fast.
aet
Vendor

Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:07 am

Bourder wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:37 am
aet
To be fair, when I was writing about the delays I was talking about experience some people have had with bigger (2-3kg) parcels stuck in Chinese customs (GZ) for ~2 months. I've recently ordered half a kilo of tea and I didn't even hear from the vendor in almost 2 weeks, though maybe they just work slower, I'm not sure. It was my first time ordering tea from China, so I have no experience with that. I've been ordering other things in the past though. Last November I received my order 9 calendar days after ordering. Some packages get here in a week, though on average it should take around 14 calendar days since the seller sends out the package. Parcels rather don't get stuck in customs here in Poland, but the more valuable ones do go through customs. The address and the prices listed on the invoice should be absolutely correct, this ensures that it goes through fast.
yep, to EU with e-packet or e-express parcels arrive like 10-14 days , but not all countries. Since UKr conflict escalated , some countries no connections and parcels are coming back even not reaching security check ( unfortunatelly there is no way to ask somebody which particular countries no flights / delivery available ) .
Last year, for some reason 1 parcel to PL arrived in 20 days and 2nd ( order month later ) took over 2 months ( coz was bouncing in GZ ) and there is no way for us to figure out why.

"and I didn't even hear from the vendor in almost 2 weeks"...if parcel not sent in 3 days after payment ( sometimes weekend or some holidays ) , I'd contact them ( unless they have some time scedule mentioned shipping policy - shipping time after payment ) , 2 weeks is quite long.
sheep.payday2

Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:42 pm

On a lighter note, what lightly fermented LB would everyone recommend to someone like me, who fondly remembers Three Cranes 35035? This is less a recommendation than a call for help, because I ran out quite a while ago. @wave_code mentioned Three Cranes Ye Yun Gu Shu 野韵古树 and China Tea Yuan Ye Da Ye 原野大叶…