Delivery From China?

thommes

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:46 am

i placed my second order with the same supplier which ships from China. The first order was in early-mid November and arrived a lot sooner than I expected, less than two weeks if I remember correctly. This second order was for a substantially higher amount of tea and $$$ and I'm eagerly tracking the order. The shipment has sat idle in the same spot for over a week.

A. I know its Christmas time and delivery is expected to take longer
B. I know I should contact the seller

Before I contact the seller and annoy them with another where's my order at? email, I'm just wondering if anyone else is, has seen their shipment just sit idle for that long? Only second order from China so I am content to be patient if this is normal.
Bok
Vendor

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:55 am

It might be sitting idly, or the tracking system does not work... I had items arrive before the tracking system said so.

A week is short in terms of China shipping. Usually stuff takes 3-4 weeks and that is only to Taiwan...
aet
Vendor

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:27 am

thommes wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:46 am
The shipment has sat idle in the same spot for over a week.
depends on tracking number ( shipping option ) . Parcel either can stuck on customs ( also being returned from them ) or it might be already in our country but hasn't been ticked off yet. Seller might have look up on more details where the parcel is. Sometimes I can see more than official tracking website shows. Sometimes.
mrmopu

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:33 am

11/11 really backs up shipping from China. Their system gets swamped and it always take longer even if you use EMS.
thommes

Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:32 am

Those that mentioned that it might not be sitting idle, yeah I agree. I meant to include that in the OP. I seem to recall my first shipment sitting a couple days and then poof the tracking history was updated and the package was sitting in my city waiting for delivery. It's the 8 days without an update that has me concerned. I'm going away on vacation next week and was really hoping it would be here before I left for several reasons, the biggest so that I could take some of the tea with me. :rofl: