Mountain Stream Teas ?

pedant
Admin

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:37 pm

this is a vendor i've been curious about. making puerh from old looking trees in the mountains of taiwan?

image credit: MST

i've personally never heard of something like this before. interesting.

anyways, has anyone here tried any their teas (the puerh or anything else)?
wondering if anyone could share some thoughts or reviews. thanks
d.manuk

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:09 pm

I’m not in this vendor’s target demographic since I would gladly spend $$$$ for the best quality I can find. So I sampled a bit when they opened shop and then permanently moved on.
_Soggy_

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Relevant post viewtopic.php?f=12&t=852. I almost bought this last year on a whim but the reviews on the website seem very odd for any puerh I've had. Taste is of course somewhat personal opinion, but I'm wondering if this is actually the terroir or processing(over processed?).

"The taste profile is sweet, candied plums with a fresh feel as that you would get from a greenish high mountain oolong. The leaves are heavy and dense but the tea liquor is light and soft. There is a touch of young sheng pu'er bitterness if pushed too hard, but with 10-15 second infusions the tea unfolds in soft, sweet waves. Not a pu'er or an oolong, but something unique and special. We are immensely excited to see how this tea ages!"
lUKAV28

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am

@pedant I remember OolongOwl made a review/impression of their sheng on her blog not so long ago.

Here it is: http://oolongowl.com/mountain-stream-20 ... tream-tea/