Tea-Masters

Bok
Vendor

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:33 am

@LeoFox mostly too much fertiliser. Over harvesting is also an issue. Pesticides to some extent.
d.manuk

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 am

The foreign samples he includes are sometimes interesting, but I only drink the first brew usually.

The samples he gives scale with the price of your purchase. I got to try some crazy rare teas that he doesn’t stock on the website when I placed a $1,000 purchase.
LeoFox

Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 am
The foreign samples he includes are sometimes interesting, but I only drink the first brew usually.

The samples he gives scale with the price of your purchase. I got to try some crazy rare teas that he doesn’t stock on the website when I placed a $1,000 purchase.
Were they super rare and old pu erh cakes?
d.manuk

Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:40 am

No, I'm sure he has more issues stocking than selling those... One sample he included that I really liked was a very well balanced, lightly smoked Lapsang Souchong. It was the best black tea that I've ever had but the price to buy more of it was prohibitive.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:40 am
... One sample he included that I really liked was a very well balanced, lightly smoked Lapsang Souchong. It was the best black tea that I've ever had but the price to buy more of it was prohibitive.
I was surprised to learn that I could enjoy Lapsang Souchong about once a year. I thought that I had moved on from the years of enjoying it, Earl Grey, black current flavored tea etc. Then when John B. gave me a very small sample from Cindy Chen. I think that it was not smoked but somehow the leaves produce that flavor on their own. (Her tea is also on the expensive side & shipping from China is also not cheap; so, I did not order any.) Since then, I find that I can enjoy other L.S. about once a year. (Just a cup or 2 before beginning to dislike it.)
It's good that you post how much you like TTC's L.S. It is easy for many of us to avoid some teas now because we come to prefer others. 99% of L.S. might be inferior to the black tea that each of us favor now; nonetheless, while many flavored teas are cheap leaves & cheap essence, it is good to remember the 1%....