Yunnan Craft

User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Wed May 03, 2023 1:51 am

vgamedude wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:37 am
I don't think I can PM as a new user
can now. only takes a few posts lol
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC

Wed May 17, 2023 3:52 pm

2018 da shu yiwu
User avatar
Thundercleese
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:20 pm

Sat May 20, 2023 3:38 am

Iroh wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:49 am
Thundercleese wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:15 am
If I'm reading the proverbial room correctly, it would seem that the consensus is that Yunnan Craft is generally superior to Yunnan Sourcing. Is that accurate? If so, why?
I'd say yes, but not as an indictment of Yunnan Sourcing. At the beginning of my tea journey, I ordered from both, and found excellent teas from both sites. YS has the larger site and selection, and my favourite teapot is a now discontinued item from them. YC has the better quality/price ratio and some really good teas and simply the best PuErh. You won't go wrong ordering from either, but for me, I chose YC as my main vendor. Try out samples from both, and also from other recommended vendors, before making up your mind. And remember it's not a marriage. I buy 80% of my tea from YC, and that's fine, but if I told my wife I got 80% of my sex from her she'd get rather upset!
:lol: :lol:

That's a great way of putting it.

For the record, I've loved all of the teas from YC, especially the Zi Juan. The Zitao pot that I ordered (https://www.yunnancraft.com/en/jianshui ... g-hu-160ml) has quickly become one of my favorite pots, it is what I've started using for the many kinds of purple teas. It seems to round out the sharper taste of the anthocyanins compared to glass. The lid seals tightly and it pours beautifully, with no drips. Would definitely recommend.
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC

Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 am

Thundercleese wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:38 am
Iroh wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:49 am
Thundercleese wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:15 am
If I'm reading the proverbial room correctly, it would seem that the consensus is that Yunnan Craft is generally superior to Yunnan Sourcing. Is that accurate? If so, why?
I'd say yes, but not as an indictment of Yunnan Sourcing. At the beginning of my tea journey, I ordered from both, and found excellent teas from both sites. YS has the larger site and selection, and my favourite teapot is a now discontinued item from them. YC has the better quality/price ratio and some really good teas and simply the best PuErh. You won't go wrong ordering from either, but for me, I chose YC as my main vendor. Try out samples from both, and also from other recommended vendors, before making up your mind. And remember it's not a marriage. I buy 80% of my tea from YC, and that's fine, but if I told my wife I got 80% of my sex from her she'd get rather upset!
:lol: :lol:

That's a great way of putting it.

For the record, I've loved all of the teas from YC, especially the Zi Juan. The Zitao pot that I ordered (https://www.yunnancraft.com/en/jianshui ... g-hu-160ml) has quickly become one of my favorite pots, it is what I've started using for the many kinds of purple teas. It seems to round out the sharper taste of the anthocyanins compared to glass. The lid seals tightly and it pours beautifully, with no drips. Would definitely recommend.
Nice one! Do you have any pics?
User avatar
Thundercleese
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:20 pm

Sun May 21, 2023 1:07 am

LeoFox wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 am
Thundercleese wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:38 am
Iroh wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:49 am


I'd say yes, but not as an indictment of Yunnan Sourcing. At the beginning of my tea journey, I ordered from both, and found excellent teas from both sites. YS has the larger site and selection, and my favourite teapot is a now discontinued item from them. YC has the better quality/price ratio and some really good teas and simply the best PuErh. You won't go wrong ordering from either, but for me, I chose YC as my main vendor. Try out samples from both, and also from other recommended vendors, before making up your mind. And remember it's not a marriage. I buy 80% of my tea from YC, and that's fine, but if I told my wife I got 80% of my sex from her she'd get rather upset!
:lol: :lol:

That's a great way of putting it.

For the record, I've loved all of the teas from YC, especially the Zi Juan. The Zitao pot that I ordered (https://www.yunnancraft.com/en/jianshui ... g-hu-160ml) has quickly become one of my favorite pots, it is what I've started using for the many kinds of purple teas. It seems to round out the sharper taste of the anthocyanins compared to glass. The lid seals tightly and it pours beautifully, with no drips. Would definitely recommend.
Nice one! Do you have any pics?
Not good ones! :lol:

IMG_20230520_235851_HDR-01.jpeg
IMG_20230520_235851_HDR-01.jpeg (257.6 KiB) Viewed 19114 times
Behind it is a blue ice crack gaiwan from Northeast Tea House. They've got some cool stuff.
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC

Sun May 21, 2023 4:43 am

Thundercleese wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 1:07 am
LeoFox wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:21 am
Thundercleese wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:38 am


:lol: :lol:

That's a great way of putting it.

For the record, I've loved all of the teas from YC, especially the Zi Juan. The Zitao pot that I ordered (https://www.yunnancraft.com/en/jianshui ... g-hu-160ml) has quickly become one of my favorite pots, it is what I've started using for the many kinds of purple teas. It seems to round out the sharper taste of the anthocyanins compared to glass. The lid seals tightly and it pours beautifully, with no drips. Would definitely recommend.
Nice one! Do you have any pics?
Not good ones! :lol:


Image

Behind it is a blue ice crack gaiwan from Northeast Tea House. They've got some cool stuff.
Looks good!
vgamedude
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 02, 2023 5:32 pm

Wed May 24, 2023 7:41 am

I have been meaning to post something about some of the tea I got but I have only had a few sessions with each so far. So far I have one in particular I'm quite fond of. ( I expected it to be good and it didn't disappoint)

I have done boiling and near boiling, not sure your thoughts on temperature with sheng in particular, I know some people are very adamant to only use boiling. I do either 203 (highest temp my kettle holds temp at) or boiling depending. So far none of the teas have been too offensive or bitter for me. I know you mentioned something about processing differences between puer made for a cake and puer made to be sold as maocha, but so far none have been too offensive, bitter or astringent for me. But again, I've only had each tea once or twice so not enough for a complete opinion yet.

It's been a while since I ordered and didn't follow up, but the shipping was fast and you had good service so thank you for that!
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC

Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:29 am

2016 bang wai pg002
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC

Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:23 am

2023 Ailao Shan Ye Sheng Gushu Hong
https://www.yunnancraft.com/en/black-te ... gushu-hong

This one is so good I almost didn't want to post about it because it has very limited amounts. But I'll trust aet to get more of this or similar level stuff next year at this friendly price.

Check out the trees
SmartSelect_20230731_062051_Samsung Internet.jpg
SmartSelect_20230731_062051_Samsung Internet.jpg (494.42 KiB) Viewed 18642 times

DailyTX
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:43 pm
Location: United States

Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:58 pm

Picked up my first JianShui Zitao pot from YC. It did surprisingly well with aged Anxi TieGuanYin along with other darker teas like shu puerh and liu bao.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_4465.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4465.jpg (248.17 KiB) Viewed 18393 times
thumbnail_IMG_4469.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4469.jpg (217.12 KiB) Viewed 18393 times
thumbnail_IMG_4467.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4467.jpg (250.14 KiB) Viewed 18393 times
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 5810
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:48 pm

DailyTX wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:58 pm
Picked up my first JianShui Zitao pot from YC. It did surprisingly well with aged Anxi TieGuanYin along with other darker teas like shu puerh and liu bao.
Image
Image
Image
That's a beautiful pot!
DailyTX
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:43 pm
Location: United States

Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:39 am

Bok wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:48 pm
DailyTX wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:58 pm
Picked up my first JianShui Zitao pot from YC. It did surprisingly well with aged Anxi TieGuanYin along with other darker teas like shu puerh and liu bao.
Image
Image
Image
That's a beautiful pot!
😊 very lovely texture
User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC

Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:11 pm

Brewing some 2009 wild sheng - "wild cat"
https://www.yunnancraft.com/en/sheng-pu ... craft-200g

User avatar
LeoFox
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:01 pm
Location: Washington DC

Thu May 30, 2024 9:23 am

Brewing an interesting sun dried red tea:
2024 Dehong An Ji Shai Hong
https://www.yunnancraft.com/en/sun-drie ... grams-100g

First time trying this famed green tea varietal transplanted to a yunnan high mountain to be processed as a red.

At just less than 10$/100g - this is amazing value




And then the same tea material but with a high temp roast.


User avatar
debunix
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thu May 30, 2024 3:36 pm

What an interesting sounding tea....I love An Ji Bai Cha, so curious, dashed off to order some to try it out.
Post Reply