Taïwan tea vendors

.m.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:16 am

Teafortea wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:07 am
Victoria wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:12 am
Wistaria Tea House in Taipei, has a shop now in Paris Wistaria Paris. You can order oolong with international shipping from the parent shop in Taipei.
Thank you!! Just checked them out, they have some great options!
I can highly recommend to visit them in Paris when you have a chance. Maybe you can also shoot them an email to see what teas they sell (I have their cart but i'm lazy to take photos of it...)
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:23 am

GaoShan wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:06 am
There are lots of Taiwanese tea vendors out there. I've had good experiences with Bok and Ethan Kurland here on TeaForum, both of whom sell high-quality oolongs with minimal astringency. ...
I only take orders for tea from people in the USA & Canada. Officials in Europe I emptied packets of tea after ripping packages open or cutting them carelessly. Europeans have received mail w/ almost no leaves left in the packets; so, I stopped sending precious tea for customs officers to dump on the floor or take to their homes. (It took hard work, luck, & the kindness of a man who hardly knew me, for me to find my sources for most excellent tea. Such tea should not be wasted.)

(Europe is not the only offender. When I take flights out of the USA, candy, pain-relief creams, etc. are stolen from my luggage when it is inspected at Logan airport, Boston.)
Teafortea

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:33 am

.m. wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:16 am
Teafortea wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:07 am
Victoria wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:12 am
Wistaria Tea House in Taipei, has a shop now in Paris Wistaria Paris. You can order oolong with international shipping from the parent shop in Taipei.
Thank you!! Just checked them out, they have some great options!
I can highly recommend to visit them in Paris when you have a chance. Maybe you can also shoot them an email to see what teas they sell (I have their cart but i'm lazy to take photos of it...)

I just did and they sent me their list!! You guys are awesome! Will do an order tonight. Thank you so much!
Teafortea

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:18 am

Ethan Kurland wrote:
GaoShan wrote:
There are lots of Taiwanese tea vendors out there. I've had good experiences with Bok and Ethan Kurland here on TeaForum, both of whom sell high-quality oolongs with minimal astringency. ...
I only take orders for tea from people in the USA & Canada. Officials in Europe I emptied packets of tea after ripping packages open or cutting them carelessly. Europeans have received mail w/ almost no leaves left in the packets; so, I stopped sending precious tea for customs officers to dump on the floor or take to their homes. (It took hard work, luck, & the kindness of a man who hardly knew me, for me to find my sources for most excellent tea. Such tea should not be wasted.)

(Europe is not the only offender. When I take flights out of the USA, candy, pain-relief creams, etc. are stolen from my luggage when it is inspected at Logan airport, Boston.)
That is crazy and sad:( . I’ll be back in the USA soon, I’ll keep in mind to do an order when I settle. There is a lot of « fun » French postal stories I can share, not to mention the high customs fees I have to pay for every order I receive :(
GaoShan

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:41 am

Ethan Kurland wrote:
GaoShan wrote:

That's awful. I complain about how expensive it is to buy tea in Canada, but it's worse in the EU. I agree, your tea should not be wasted.
Teafortea

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:43 am

Wistaria order arrived and their Lishan was the top! Wow. Thanks for the recommendation. I have a question: some other lishan I have ordered from one different company, develop a slight bitter taste by 6th infusion. With wistaria I’m on 7th roast and not even a hint of bitterness, only butter floral creamy. My 5 year kid is having tea with me and keeps asking more more . What causes the bitterness on some other tea in the last infusions?