Moychay.NL

Post Reply
User avatar
cbrace
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am
Location: Amsterdam

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:31 pm

Moychay's Dutch-based webstore is now up and offers a small selection of Taiwanese teas: https://togo.moychay.nl/collections. Prices seem comparable with the Russian site.

This is their "digital pre-launch". The tea club in Amsterdam will open later; we are still in corona "lockdown" here in NL.

Some of us based in the EU (Hi @Maerskian!) have been interested in what Moychay would be offering through its new Dutch location. Hopefully its offerings will increase in due time. I would love to see some of its puerh cakes on offer here.
User avatar
Tea Adventures
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:45 am
Location: Belgium

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:26 pm

Yes! I’m also curious to see what puerh they will be selling. Their socials showed quite a few different cakes.
Moychay.nl
New user
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Thank you very much for your feedback! By the way, today we have added a small collection of puerhs cakes to the site! Feel free to check our collection!
User avatar
cbrace
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am
Location: Amsterdam

Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:55 am

I see WebPunk is listed. Yaay! Looking forward to trying that. Fun review (if one is into this kind of thing) by Oolong Owl here: 2020 Webpunk 2.0 from Moychay
User avatar
Maerskian
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:41 pm
Location: Atlantis

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:10 am

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Finally!

Arguably among the most famous pu wrappers and a major player that could become EU's Yunnan Sourcing :) , exciting news.
Moychay.nl wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:58 pm
Thank you very much for your feedback! By the way, today we have added a small collection of puerhs cakes to the site! Feel free to check our collection!
MoyChay's presence is very much welcome & long awaited, will make sure to spread the good news. Just a few questions if you don't mind:

- When will be seeing some sheng around ?
- Will you offer the chance to place special orders from the russian catalogue ?
- Any plans to offer that amazing range of stoneware for the foreseeable future ?

Finally... a pseudo-question / piece of advice : hoping orders won't be shipped through PostNL for the time being given the sorry state of the dutch post at this very moment ( since 3-4 months ago at the very least ), if i were in your shoes would look into options from private couriers, asking for professional rates or checking the usual parcel delivery comparison sites for better rates than regular ones .
User avatar
Maerskian
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:41 pm
Location: Atlantis

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am

cbrace wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:55 am
I see WebPunk is listed. Yaay! Looking forward to trying that. Fun review (if one is into this kind of thing) by Oolong Owl here: 2020 Webpunk 2.0 from Moychay
Sadly enough the shu cake John reviewed some months ago ( can't remember the name... can't find that review right now... only remember it was priced at $18 ) sold out shortly after that post :| .

It's indeed funny how Webpunk artwork stands out that much - and within pu wrappers context it certainly does - although on a wider context MoyChay wrappers always have been deeply russian ^__^ ... anybody diving into the may different artistic expressions coming from Russia within relatively "recent" ( 4-6 ) decades will notice the patterns mainly from their endless tradition in animation where Russia excels.

This wrapper indeed feels like a screenshot of Le Dernier Cri french collective "Savage Religions" punk-animation with a twist, although i'm missing the usual "slavs" with Adidas - rather than Nike - squatting everywhere if we are to add meme material.

Edit: typo
Last edited by Maerskian on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
cbrace
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am
Location: Amsterdam

Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:47 pm

Maerskian wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am
cbrace wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:55 am
I see WebPunk is listed. Yaay! Looking forward to trying that. Fun review (if one is into this kind of thing) by Oolong Owl here: 2020 Webpunk 2.0 from Moychay
Sadly enough the shu cake John reviewed some months ago ( can't remember the name... can't find that review right now... only remeber it was priced at $18 ) sold out shortly after that post
I think you might be referring to Puer Fields?

Image
User avatar
Maerskian
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:41 pm
Location: Atlantis

Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:26 pm

cbrace wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:47 pm
Maerskian wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am
cbrace wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:55 am
I see WebPunk is listed. Yaay! Looking forward to trying that. Fun review (if one is into this kind of thing) by Oolong Owl here: 2020 Webpunk 2.0 from Moychay
Sadly enough the shu cake John reviewed some months ago ( can't remember the name... can't find that review right now... only remeber it was priced at $18 ) sold out shortly after that post
I think you might be referring to Puer Fields?

Image
That's the one !!!! Finally found that review thanks to this, thank you very much !

Still... was particularly looking forward to this one, in fact i even saved some money in case MoyChay.NL was online by early december so i could add this particular cake ( 3 or four in fact ) . That's the good thing about finding a teablogger you know you share the overall conclusions on many teas... the moment you read something like this it's safe to buy blind ( which is something i've doing heavily for the past 13 months ... and thanks to this entity called "the tea community" must say i've been quite successful, maybe it's not as risky as it used to be anymore... as long as you go for known teas and are able to identify your own profile ) .
Post Reply