What Herbal Are You Drinking

Tisanes prepared from plants not belonging to the Camellia genus
debunix

Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:47 pm

Another day, another sniffle to nurse with tea, and I’ve come up with a particularly nice combination this time:
Several slices of MEYER lemon (nice lemon flavor, but doesn’t require as much sugar because not as sour as a regular lemon)
One smallish knob of ginger, sliced thinly.
A sprinkle of whole cardamom seeds.
About one whole piece of mace
A few dried rosemary leaves
A drizzle of honey
Steep about five minutes in water, just off the boil, and it looks very pretty in the glass, Herbal Tea pot, and then tastes lovely afterwards.
debunix

Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:04 pm

It also does well when made sparkling and chilled. Nice while this sniffly bit keeps going on and yet the weather is hot again.
sofikkkkkkko
New user

Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:10 pm

Hello! I usually choose a variety of herbal teas depending on my mood and taste preferences. My favorite is lavender tea, which helps me relax and creates a wonderful atmosphere of tranquility. I also like to experiment with mint, rosehip, and chamomile teas. If you have any recommendations or favorite varieties, I am always open to new experiences in the world of tea!
debunix

Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 am

A combination I've been drinking a fair bit lately, especially in the evening when I don't want to be caffeinated as I'm getting ready for bed: for the 500 mil pot, half a lemon in thin slices, a few slices of fresh or candied ginger, a pinch of whole dry rosemary leaf, pinch of dried lavender, pinch of cardamom seeds, and if the ginger was fresh, a drop or two of honey. it makes a bright, floral, fruity, and cheerful cuppa tea.
debunix

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:09 am

This evening at a restaurant (MoMed, Los Angeles), I had a simple tea made with a wedge of what was described as a not-quite-preserved lemon, and a whopping quantity of fennel seed. It was LOVELY, with the seemingly overpowering quantity of fennel somehow tamed, pleasant notes of anise with a bit of distinctly fennel flavor, and the lemon very mild, somehow more seeming to 'tame' the fennel than stand out sharply on its own.

I need to study up on what they did with that lemon.