Where do you get your Darjeeling?

swordofmytriumph

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:21 pm

I haven’t had any Darjeeling since I was very new to tea, almost 8 years, and am looking to rectify that situation! So where do you find your Darjeeling, any vendors you recommend? I’m starting at square one on this :)
Victoria
Admin

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:58 am

If you do a Search Darjeeling/ Topic Title Only you will see several threads on this topic. Thunderbolt Teas has excellent 1st and 2nd flush. I especially like Castleton Moonlight Imperial 1st Flush White SFTGFOP1. Also, are you only looking for Black Darjeeling or White, Green and Oolong as well? Darjeeling, is a district in West Bengal, where different types of teas are processed.

Vendor Discussion/Recommendations Thunderbolt Tea
LeoFox

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:14 pm

You are already a fan of hojo. As you know, he has his own line of darjeeling - as well as jun chiyabari himalayan teas.
swordofmytriumph

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:49 am

Thank you! I’ll check these places! Time to dive in! *rubs hands together in anticipation*
RayClem

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:16 pm

You might want to checkout Vadham Teas.
The company is located in India and sources directly Ifrom tea plantations.
You can purchase on Amazon.

I have a couple of their FTGGOP1 Dargeeling teas. I find the to be quite nice, but I am too new to this to be an expert.
bmninada

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:25 am

If someone wants to can check my intro here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100&p=46621#p46621

The 3 teas I am suggesting below are in no way really top shelf. The only reason I am suggesting them is due to
  1. Price
  2. Quality for that price
  3. Availability
(3) is important, at least for me, here in US of A. The land of coffee drinkers. There are times when I just want a cup of tea but not the top shelf variety. OR, friends who are not really friends come over and feel no point treating them to top shelf.
  • Lopchu Tea Estate Darjeeling Flowery Orange Pekoe Tea 500g
  • Lopchu Tea Estate Darjeeling Golden Orange Pekoe Tea
  • GOODRICKE Castleton Vintage Darjeeling Tea
  • Makaibari - 1st Flush / 2nd. flush / etc.
The last one is tough to get here. However, they are the best in the list and price wise extremely reasonable.
Link: https://www.biswabangla.in/browse/darje ... ield=price
wave_code

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:03 pm

@Victoria I think we have a bot here... one that seems to have included what their profile they are playing is supposed to be as their actual profile :lol: ...

Interests:Certainly! I share your love for tea and reading books. There's something very special about enjoying a warm cup of tea while getting lost in the pages of a good book. It's a simple pleasure that can bring so much joy and relaxation.

Occupation:You're a full-time freelancer who also enjoys blogging and reading books. You use your skills and expertise to offer valuable services to clients, while also pursuing your interests in writing and literature. As a multi-faceted individual, you thrive on balancing your professional and personal pursuits and finding fulfillment in both.
Victoria
Admin

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:37 pm

wave_code wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:03 pm
Victoria I think we have a bot here... one that seems to have included what their profile they are playing is supposed to be as their actual profile :lol: ...

Interests:Certainly! I share your love for tea and reading books. There's something very special about enjoying a warm cup of tea while getting lost in the pages of a good book. It's a simple pleasure that can bring so much joy and relaxation.

Occupation:You're a full-time freelancer who also enjoys blogging and reading books. You use your skills and expertise to offer valuable services to clients, while also pursuing your interests in writing and literature. As a multi-faceted individual, you thrive on balancing your professional and personal pursuits and finding fulfillment in both.
Agree, that was suspicious from get go. Thanks for pointing out @wave_code.
Teafortea

Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:37 am

Victoria wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:58 am
If you do a Search Darjeeling/ Topic Title Only you will see several threads on this topic. Thunderbolt Teas has excellent 1st and 2nd flush. I especially like Castleton Moonlight Imperial 1st Flush White SFTGFOP1. Also, are you only looking for Black Darjeeling or White, Green and Oolong as well? Darjeeling, is a district in West Bengal, where different types of teas are processed.

Vendor Discussion/Recommendations Thunderbolt Tea
@Victoria I just did an order from thunderbolt, there is this sale going on, so excited to try them. I trust anything you reccomend :) My darjeeling experience has been only through local palais de thes, but i was sure I was missing smth so been quite some time I wanted to order directly from India. Looking fwd to try some.