What Black Are You Drinking

Oxidized tea
LeoFox

Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:40 am

Teafortea wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:33 am
true true!... I stay clear of smoke or camphor description. simply not my kind. Just very recently I was having some tea with a friend and she had served me a tea that mind you was described as having camphor notes. Before I knew that detail, I could have never imagined that camphor was the main description of the tea. ...Well, I had a good chuckle afterward. Tea was good, I can reproduce the camphor taste in my memory but it was not the camphor taste that I imagined it would be.

As far as dirty socks taste or wet dog, that is why I am so scared to try any puehr. One day maybe...I have some puehr I never opened :mrgreen: but no day has been enough courageous for me to dive. Mind is a powerful thing
If you do open pu, use something that you can thoroughly clean, and keep it away from your other pots.

That hong kong storage odor stuck around and i realize I was also smelling it from my kettle..so I had to wash that out too. Took a week for me to stop smelling that stuff in the house as everything got cleaned
Teafortea

Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:26 am

LeoFox wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:40 am
Teafortea wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:33 am
true true!... I stay clear of smoke or camphor description. simply not my kind. Just very recently I was having some tea with a friend and she had served me a tea that mind you was described as having camphor notes. Before I knew that detail, I could have never imagined that camphor was the main description of the tea. ...Well, I had a good chuckle afterward. Tea was good, I can reproduce the camphor taste in my memory but it was not the camphor taste that I imagined it would be.

As far as dirty socks taste or wet dog, that is why I am so scared to try any puehr. One day maybe...I have some puehr I never opened :mrgreen: but no day has been enough courageous for me to dive. Mind is a powerful thing
If you do open pu, use something that you can thoroughly clean, and keep it away from your other pots.

That hong kong storage odor stuck around and i realize I was also smelling it from my kettle..so I had to wash that out too. Took a week for me to stop smelling that stuff in the house as everything got cleaned
Ah good tip. Thank you. I have the pu stored in a different place in the basement, I'll probably post of my experience after I try it or hope a friend will serve it to me and tell me its just golden infused tea :D
LeoFox

Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:24 am

2021 DOOMNI ESTATE TGFOP1 ASSAM from upton tea exports.

Bad winter water has hit my area early - so time to break out the assam

LeoFox

Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:10 pm

Xiao chigan from daxuejiadao in hongni from bok

Attachments
20221123_130343.jpg
20221123_130343.jpg (116.85 KiB) Viewed 165 times