The Rising Popularity of White Tea

Withered tea
ShuShu

Thu May 24, 2018 5:48 am

This is a nice read about the rising popularity of white tea and, of course, some of its vices.
A while ago, I have decided to sample some aged Fuding from White2Tea (I think it was purple dove or something). It really blew me away. I emailed Paul about it who said that white tea is really an unrepresented and under-appreciated category. He added a bunch of samples to my next order which really made me a devotee... Since then I found a local Chinatown store that sells 6 years old bai mu dan at a ridiculous price. I hope they won't feel the hype... :D

https://radiichina.com/why-chinas-newes ... e-desired/
Baisao

Sat May 26, 2018 12:58 am

Great article! I’ve been noticing this trend and wondered if the zeal was comiuout of China.
Bok
Vendor

Sat May 26, 2018 1:15 am

In Taiwan as well you see it more and more, mostly Taipei though. Maybe no coincidence as many famous tea masters in China are actually Taiwanese, now making a fortune there.

It is a difficult journey though... I never liked it until I had a white tea from Taiwan that made me reconsider! It was the kind of lots of furly differently coloured and sized leaf kind, from bright Kermit green to light grey and various shades of brown. Light reddish brew with a distinct taste of apple in some infusions.

Only had something as nice once afterwards.

All my other encounters with white tea were disappointing.