What White Are You Drinking

Withered tea
debunix

Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Peachy, floral, fruity Bai Mu Dan from Yunnan Sourcing today. Fortunately several year old white tea can still be delicious, because I bought white tea from several sources about the same time last year and the weekend's tea chest organization brought home how much of it there is....
debunix

Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 am

Castleton Estate first flush 2018 White Darjeeling from Yatra Tea Company, newly opened sample. My first shipment of samples from YTC got caught up in my tea overflow last summer and sat....and sat. But its time has come.

Dry leaf has remarkably deep & fruity scent; tea follows the scent. Lovely tea, champagne and peaches and cherry blossoms. It's held up well to my...neglect...of the unopened packet.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:07 pm

debunix wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 am
Castleton Estate first flush 2018 White Darjeeling from Yatra Tea Company, newly opened sample. My first shipment of samples from YTC got caught up in my tea overflow last summer and sat....and sat. But its time has come.

Dry leaf has remarkably deep & fruity scent; tea follows the scent. Lovely tea, champagne and peaches and cherry blossoms. It's held up well to my...neglect...of the unopened packet.
Good to hear it is still tasty. I still have Thunderbolt’s Castleton Moonlight Imperial, 1st flush white from 2019 and 2020 (not Imperial). Both are still very good. Sadly, still not seeing very much 2021 1st flush White Darjeeling, I was hoping to get it very fresh this year to compare with past years.