What White Are You Drinking

Withered tea
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 pm

SILVER TIPS: Organic leaf-buds from me via Nepal: Beautiful, narrow, straight tea from light to medium dark green provide a subtle, delicate drink that is light in the mouth & builds flavor in aftertaste. Many drinkers enjoy pleasant cha-qi in the head quickly into the first round & this feeling as well as the aftertaste lingers. Quick steeping provides enough flavor to satisfy; while much longer steeping produces a deeper green taste that is uniquely non-vegetal but approaches that sort of strength. Especially good for drinking in quantity at one session or in having more than one session during a single day.
hopeofdawn

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:38 am

Finished up a Moonlight white tea from Qi's Fine Teas in Portland--very delicate and lovely flavor, lasting through at least 6-7 steeps. Stored in the freezer per the vendor's recommendation--she said while the tea would age well, if I wanted to keep the fresher fruit and melon notes in the tea, that was the best way to do it. So I carved out a space in my freezer for a dedicated tupperware container for such teas--so far it seems to be working.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:48 pm

hopeofdawn wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:38 am
Finished up a Moonlight white tea from Qi's Fine Teas in Portland--very delicate and lovely flavor, lasting through at least 6-7 steeps. Stored in the freezer per the vendor's recommendation--she said while the tea would age well, if I wanted to keep the fresher fruit and melon notes in the tea, that was the best way to do it. So I carved out a space in my freezer for a dedicated tupperware container for such teas--so far it seems to be working.
Is that Moonlight a white Darjeeling? Also, regarding freezing, are you just scooping out loose frozen leaves from a lidded container and putting container quickly back into freezer, like one might do with coffee? I wonder how the frozen leaves taste and steep differently, would be interesting to reserve a few leaves at room temperature to do a side by side.