Vendor

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am

swordofmytriumph wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 am
Bok wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 pm
swordofmytriumph wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 pm
Dang though, 600g is a lot of oolong...I’d have to be married to the tea I was buying to get that much in one go.
All relative, you just get more liberal with how much leaf you throw in the pot. Also I do rarely feel the need, or in this case economic necessity, to squeeze every little bit of flavour out of the tea. I just stop when it tastes best and starts to fall off.

Just last week during the Chinese New Year holiday, I finished a 150pack in a week, plus almost another of aged tea and a few bit and bops here and there.

In the past I pushed my teas to 12 rounds and more for high mountain, now I barely want to go over six.
Yeah, I guess if I had more I probably wouldn't be as sparing with my leaves either so that's a good point.
I am very lucky in that I have access to a lot of tea that I like. Nonetheless, I never have been a fan of counting steeps; one good infusion is worth any number of mediocre ones. I think that applies no matter how much of a given tea you have.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:47 am

Tillerman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am
I never have been a fan of counting steeps; one good infusion is worth any number of mediocre ones. I think that applies no matter how much of a given tea you have.
Sure. When one is drinking, it is nicer just to enjoy an amount that satisfies, stop and not think. For vendor work, one might want to be able to tell people how many rounds a tea provides.
Cheers