In search of the daily RouGui

Semi-oxidized tea
Kale

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:15 pm

As some here have noted lately, its not too hard to find high end yancha. A more or less reliable seller and $1/1g usually means you are likely to get what you paid for (that is only my personal experience but have a feeling its more or less true generally).
The problem is with the daily stuff. A $0.45/1g (which is what I hope to pay for daily RouGui) seems like a hit or miss. Whether you find good daily stuff in this price seems to depend on the seller... Unfortunalty, I have had more disappointments than successes...
So where do YOU buy your daily RouGui??
debunix

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:24 pm

I haven't done a good job of keep track of the ones that I really liked. I agree, hit or miss.....the hits have that nice spice on top of some rock taste, the miss are just meh. I've never paid through the nose for the really find stuff.
OldWaysTea
Vendor

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:06 am

The yancha I drink daily retails for about $0.25/g to $0.5/g. I'm happy with it. I think that finding a smaller vendor whose tastes align with yours is a good way to reduce disappointment with lower cost teas.
Kale

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:15 am

OldWaysTea wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:06 am
The yancha I drink daily retails for about $0.25/g to $0.5/g. I'm happy with it. I think that finding a smaller vendor whose tastes align with yours is a good way to reduce disappointment with lower cost teas.
Totally agree, I'm just looking for that smaller vendor :)
BTW: $0.25/g to $0.5/g is a pretty wide range. I think that what you call "low cost" tea is usually sold for $0.35/g at most, if the seller is honest, while a 0.4$ and up usually indicates that it is a particularly good yet modest tea. I'm shooting for this latter category.
zennenn
New user

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Wuyi Origin has a fruity rou gui for around .75 a gram or less, depending on how much you buy. I haven't tried their other rou gui styles, but I've found them to be a reliable tea producer. It's also gratifying to buy from the farmer.
chofmann
Vendor

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:41 pm

zennenn wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Wuyi Origin has a fruity rou gui for around .75 a gram or less, depending on how much you buy. I haven't tried their other rou gui styles, but I've found them to be a reliable tea producer. It's also gratifying to buy from the farmer.
Just a heads up, OldWaysTea is also "buying from the farmer" essentially... They sell their families tea, and that is it. It is pretty much exactly what Cindy at Wuyi Origin does, except Cindy lives in China instead of the US (and ships from China instead of the US).
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:11 am

I currently have a good, clean (pesticide tested) Banyan Rougui from 2017. It's $0.48 per gram before the 18% discount I'm currently running. IMO it would make a great daily drinker!

https://www.tealifehk.com/products/spri ... rougui-50g